Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

evo dies!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo dies!

getting on the freeway the other night and saw an evo coming from other direction go jump on the freeway also. So I made my left and just low mph cruise. I waited for him to get close then I stood on it on the on ramp for a second.....just showing a sign of interest in running. He bit. He pulls up next to me when I slowed down to about 50 and when I look over he is looking right at me and drops to what I think was 2nd and we smashed gas at the exact same time.....and that damn thing was right next to me...for about 2 second...then he had an immediate shift (this is why I think he went to 2nd) and then I just started walking away the faster we went the faster I was pulling away. shut it down about 110mph with about 3 on him.

He pulls back up to me about a mile down road and asks me "how much boost you running" ROFLMAO ....sorry man ALL motor....we took an exit and stopped at a gas station to bs....for most part real cool kid !

He says it only put down 300whp.....I think he was bs'n me so I told him mine was a stock 350 tpi with exhaust, cai and gm hot cam....

ps I blew part of my header gasket out and it seriously whistles when you go wot so that sound was what he thought was my turbo
Old 06-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Teching In

I'd have expected a closer race but...meh...I have Evo bias. Who knows where and what kind of dyno he put down 300whp. Nonetheless nice kill. Sounds like you've got amazing top end. What kind of power is your Camaro putting down?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

I'll be completely honest this one time

the last time it was on the dyno it made 332/342
Old 06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Teching In

There you go. More torque. More power. Same curb weight. Was it a dynojet?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Mine was a dynojet
Old 06-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Good stuff. Sounds like a new bumpstick is next maybe? My guess is that his 300whp was on a Dynojet too. Seems like the Mustang dynos are the heart breakers. I've seen cars hit 420whp on a Dynojet and barely limp to 375whp on a Mustang. Some tuners give about 2 ***** when it comes to peak dyno numbers - they just want consistency. Others like to see proud customers post their dyno slips online without regard to anything except peak power. Different strokes for different folks although I'd definitely rather be the guy with a 300whp dyno slip in the 11's than the guy with the 400whp slip in the 12's.