Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why are V8's so great?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scars_of_carma
I've never done any drugs

What would you call a good impression? I am guilty of having a strange sense of humor sometimes but did I really do something wrong?
Well, go read the rules on this section and you tell me. mmmmmmkay?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
and why does yours say 2? bcause kill section posts dont count ya noob! lol

Let the weirdly moronic thread continue.
Well ****!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah I should talk about some Kills huh? Well most recently, in the Supra I was cruisin along blasting some ****... I have like the worlds greatest stereo in the Supra btw... and this old ugly as buick or pontiac or whatever

Yeah those pontiacs are ******* ugly as old pieces of junk. send em' to the shityard
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by odarabla
Well, go read the rules on this section and you tell me. mmmmmmkay?
I did read the rules. The only ones that might apply to this thread are #2, #7 and #10. I don't technically think I was, or am trolling. If I hurt anyones feelings or somehow offended someone talking about make-believe races with make-believe cars sure I'll apologize.

I can actually talk about non make-believe kills if that makes this thread legitimate... but as I said I don't think my kills will count in a forum that prides power so much because my cars were all underpowered imports.

Does anyone have a problem with me posting on this forum if I don't actually own a V8? I'm a humble guy I'm not trying to bother anyone.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM
10 Second Club

I did read the rules. The only ones that might apply to this thread are #2, #7 and #10. I don't technically think I was, or am trolling. If I hurt anyones feelings or somehow offended someone talking about make-believe races with make-believe cars sure I'll apologize.

I can actually talk about non make-believe kills if that makes this thread legitimate... but as I said I don't think my kills will count in a forum that prides power so much because my cars were all underpowered imports.

Does anyone have a problem with me posting on this forum if I don't actually own a V8? I'm a humble guy I'm not trying to bother anyone.
Nope not at all. A kill is a kill no matter what kind of car, bike, suv it is. Just make sure it's a kill story for this section thats all. You'll be fine buddy no worries!!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

and I would love to have a C5 l
Then buy one... C5 z51 with suspension package... I'm buying a Vette first thing after college... Get one of those and mod them... Your kill list will not only be impressive, but people will envy you.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

If I win, I get the money and the respect... To some people that's more important!

And I don't care if you by an inch or a mile, winning is winning... IMO hopefully they beat me by a mile on a 1/8-1/4mile strip... So I could watch them run through the sandtrap and into the woods on the otherside!

This is the most rediculous heap of garbage on LS1tech I've seen. Btw welcome scars_of_carma!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Thumbs up My RX7 Kill Story

Originally Posted by odarabla
Nope not at all. A kill is a kill no matter what kind of car, bike, suv it is. Just make sure it's a kill story for this section thats all. You'll be fine buddy no worries!!
Originally Posted by 99_pewterZ_A4
This is the most rediculous heap of garbage on LS1tech I've seen. Btw welcome scars_of_carma!!!
Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it

Now my next kill story wasn't technically a race but it illustrates my point about knowing how to drive without power. I'd rather drive with power but in the meantime I have just tried to do the best I could with what i've had. This was the first car I used on the track. A 90 Mazda RX7, non-turbo. I built this car up over the course of a few years before I showed up with it at the track but the engine was bone-stock, maybe 160 hp on its best day.

As some of you probably know on your first track day they put everyone in the beginner group. I didn't argue because I knew I had ZERO experience track driving and ZERO experience doing auto-x (or any other sort of racing). They didn't ask but I also had ZERO experience street-racing btw...

However unlike 99% of the people I coached later on I already possessed the skills I needed to do well and also be comfortable driving on a racetrack. This surprised me because everything I knew about car control at that point was from practice on mountain roads. Not condoning it btw...

My coaches kept bumping me up in class until I was running with the expert group, without-an-instructor, within the same day. (To this day I've never heard of another beginner accomplishing this)

I should also mention that the guy that was a winning auto-X driver did not get out of the beginner group. Apparently he was only good at driving around cones in a parking lot... he lacked the feel for real speed cause he almost rear-end someone by overshooting the braking zone. He had to swerve and spun-out into the dirt.

And this was the really amazing part... he was so full of adrenaline he immediately tried to drive back unto the track in the middle of the blind-corner nearly causing another collision as the poor girl in the black mustang GT at the back of the pack had to drive OFF the track to avoid rear-ending him... his coach was so furious at this guy he almost got him kicked out of the event altogether. And this guy was in this 30's... He was driving a Honda btw... damn Honda drivers ...am I right!?? lol

ME on the other hand was invited to drive with the driving-instructor group after everyone else went home, again without-an-instructor. The head-instructor, the guy that was also driving his 350Z race car on slicks... the guy that was at the time #1 in points in the T2 class of the SCCA, was chasing me around while I took the opportunity to really see what my RX7 could do.

I tried to keep this racecar in my rearview mirror. (there was no way in hell lol) but I maintained a pace that kept a couple car-lengths between us for several laps until my brakes were so completely overheated I had no pedal feel left at all. Then as I was entering the fastest downhill corner of the track I felt the rears lock up making corner entry a tad squirelly...

And then do you know what I did? I voluntarily exited the track early because I knew my brake fluid was boiling and my car was no longer safe to drive. I didn't want too... I wanted to get every possible lap-for-my-dollar that I could but I didn't. I was aware of my RX7's limitations and I was aware that every car behind me depended on me not to spin out and create a hazard of myself like mr. auto-x did...

The sun was nearly down over the hills at that point creating cold-spots where the shadows hit the tarmac so the day was pretty much over with anyway... when the session was over the head-instrutor came up to me personally, shook my hand and gave me the forms for a racing-license. (Which I've never been able to afford ) He also asked me if I wanted to be a driving instructor and that's how I got started doing that.

Now this is the part I know you guys won't believe...

Earlier that day when I was running with the expert group I managed to pass a Lotus Exige and a C6 Corvette Z06! However I was only able to do that during corner entry because the drivers of those cars were timid with their brakes and wouldn't totally commit to a fast entry speed... Basically they were noobs who just started driving those supercars. I know this cause the lotus driver came up to me after the session. He wanted to know what the hell was so special about my RX7 lol... Sadly the Z06 driver I passed lost control and ended up on a hill waaay off track. He busted up the car pretty bad too... damn shame I saw it happen from trackside.

Those count as kills right???
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please lock this thread

and burn it!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by proporio
Please lock this thread

and burn it!
that's rather rude of you sir... making threads is hard! Im tryyyying!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tell you what bro, youre 4 banger on a 200 shot vs me on a 125 shot, 60 roll. you game?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

: lock:
Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Xtreme864
Tell you what bro, youre 4 banger on a 200 shot vs me on a 125 shot, 60 roll. you game?
Sure! Do I get to pick the 4 banger? Or do I have to wait till I actually own one cause i'm not planning on it.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Sure! Do I get to pick the 4 banger? Or do I have to wait till I actually own one cause i'm not planning on it.
Im getting confused.
Does this guy even own a car?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I question the OPs sexuality.