Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

No fly zone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fly zone!

I never understood why people feel the need to do ricer flyby's.. What will it honestly prove? You know you cant win so you have to get a big headstart?

Anyway.. I was coming back from a local car hangout spot tonight. There wasnt much action down there, so I left. On my way back, I took a highway that isnt tooo busy and passed a multi-colored honda civic with no front bumper that was merging on the highway. I'm doing about 65 when I passed him. He was probibly going 45mph.

I look in my rearview and see the lights coming up closer and faster. He passes me at about 85... And I downshifted, reeled him in, and went screaming past him with my cutout open. Once I'm about 5 cars ahead of him, I shut down and begin to brake. Honda boy stays beind me, and trys this whole flyby thing again!

Now I'm like WTF?!?! This is a no fly zone! I downshift and floor it before he gets even with my back bumper and leave him behind. I shut down AGAIN and leave him 10+ lengths back.

Just when I think he's had enough, he goes past me and puts his hazards on for some strange reason, which is normally for the winner.. But I think this kid just couldnt stand getting walked so badly AFTER his ricer flyby attempts.

We both get off at the same exit.. And the kid is staring me down.. Giving me a dirty look. I laugh and drive off. Poor loser.

Normally I wouldnt post something like this.. But this kid wouldnt give up. He was a poor loser and just couldnt accept losing... Which he really should be used to if he goes around looking to race anything that moves.

******* ricers....
Old 04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

let it out man. venting is good, flybys are bad.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive come across bunch of those flyby guys, they do it cause they know they cant beat you. They will go and do a quick turn off somewhere to hide from you.

Nice win!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

lmfao nice story OP! I would have done the same thing hahaha

Can someone tell me why ricers drive with bumpers missing????
Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
lmfao nice story OP! I would have done the same thing hahaha

Can someone tell me why ricers drive with bumpers missing????
Because at a car show once they saw a Prelude/Accord/Si with a giant intercooler that was so big the bumper no longer could fit so they left it off. Figuring that was the cool thing to do, nimrods like this guy buy a Pep Boys trans cooler, paint it silver, and stick it under there bumper supports. Voila', they are now cool.

I've heard enough idiot drivers try to justify ricer fly by's before to know what he would have said to you: "You might be able to beat me in a straight line, but you don't have the ***** to try and keep up with me in traffic. NO ONE beats me through traffic!".
Old 04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

should have just kept on the throttle until you got to your destination. if he can't see you, there's nothing to fly by.
there's some kind of psychological trigger in a ricer's mind that faster cars tend to trigger.
its like they go nuts and logic goes out the window. the safest thing to do for you and other drivers around you is to walk away... or if traffic is bad enough, drop back and let him disappear into his trail of brake lights and honking horns. drive safe, ricers are not sane.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I've heard enough idiot drivers try to justify ricer fly by's before to know what he would have said to you: "You might be able to beat me in a straight line, but you don't have the ***** to try and keep up with me in traffic. NO ONE beats me through traffic!".
I ******* hate those people!

The ones that try to race you in traffic. A ******* 350Z attemped that **** on me a few weeks ago. Because racing in traffic proves anything... Nothing like 3x the speed limit swerving through cars!

I REFUSE to race if theres traffic on the road. If racing someone requires changing lanes.. I wont race.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Launching!

I too cannot figure out why ricers do what they do. Fly bys and revs. Why would a ricer want to rev at us? Do they think their car is so cool they want us to look at it/them? Strange.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

OP- Good job man, I've done the same thing multiple times. The reaction is usually the same from all of them. I once had to do it to a bone stock beat to hell LT1, but he kept coming back for more so i got off the freeway at the last second so he had no more chances, then i simply got back on.

People that race through traffic completely blow my mind, what is there to prove by endangering not only your life but 10's of other lives in the process?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
People that race through traffic completely blow my mind, what is there to prove by endangering not only your life but 10's of other lives in the process?
His car dick is bigger than your car dick obviously

I once has some SN95 GT mustang fly by me. He blew past me doing around 90ish on the 45mph road, and then tried to turn right... and very very very very nearly slammed into a mom and dad pushing a stroller who were crossing the street.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound's like you lost then. ^
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by performinnorman
I too cannot figure out why ricers do what they do. Fly bys and revs. Why would a ricer want to rev at us? Do they think their car is so cool they want us to look at it/them? Strange.
Ricers do fly bys because they drive slow cars and think their cars are fast when they fly by a faster car doin 90, and the faster car is doin the speed limit as for the revs I dont really have a explanation other than, you just cant fix stupid.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Nice multi kills...The only thing worse than those ricer fly-bys are when they do it with that fake blow off valve sound on their publeic address system.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Nice multi kills...The only thing worse than those ricer fly-bys are when they do it with that fake blow off valve sound on their publeic address system.
lay off the drugs... nobody would do something that ridiculous.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
should have just kept on the throttle until you got to your destination. if he can't see you, there's nothing to fly by.
there's some kind of psychological trigger in a ricer's mind that faster cars tend to trigger.
its like they go nuts and logic goes out the window. the safest thing to do for you and other drivers around you is to walk away... or if traffic is bad enough, drop back and let him disappear into his trail of brake lights and honking horns. drive safe, ricers are not sane.

sigworthy!

Good Multi-kills OP!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Let the ricers have their fly-bys and revs. Without those things, what do they have, other than the fact that they're driving horribly slow and stupid cars? With fly-bys and revs at least the little bitches have a voice, and every bitch should have a voice...that is, until we bend them over a table and take care of business...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

^^gross
Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your Story was epic, I loved messing with other people on the road!!. I remember when i had my 5.0 and my friend had his Firebird (88 with a 305), he would always try and do the fly by so i'd let him get next to me (attempting to pass me at 80, while i'm at 45) then i'd downshift and hold him then start to pull.. But LS1's are totally different then a chevy 305!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Nice kill OP, silly ricers. Unfortunately I got the flyby from a nice C6 vette this past weekend. We caught the light, I threw him a rev he looks over like its on. Light turns green I hit it, look back and he was easing into it, so I finish running out second for ***** and giggles and I let out to get back down to the speed limit, 10 seconds later he comes blowing by me at 80+.....WTF?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Hak
Teching In

Nice kill OP. Another thing I find annoying is when ricers ride my ***. Do they think they're fast because they can keep up with me while I'm going the speed limit? All I think is...please don't rear-end my car.