Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Corvette kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default First Corvette kill

Cliffs: swap chevelle stalks a c6 through corners then overtakes wot vette on a straight from a 20ish roll by around 2 cars @ 120-125mph

Story: After a night at the drag races and making it to semi finals in the street brackets, I was heading home on a curvy backroad that is somewhat of a shortcut.

I'm moving along and see 4 taillights ahead, thinking it was a 5th gen camaro I sped up...only to find a yellow C6 instead.

We came to a 4 way stop right before the really curvy section of the road and both turned left, he kept gradually speeding up through the tight 15-25 mph corners and seemed to be getting annoyed my fat *** car was sticking up his *** the whole time

On the straights he kept just punching it, but never pulling away...must have been a ls2.

Finally we come to a stop and right turn before a long straight that is also a passing zone so as soon as he turns he nails it, so I jump in the left lane and hit it from a 20roll and start pulling around him. By 2nd I was door to door, by third I was half car out, and finally got enough room to merge back to the right lane at 120.

I looked back over my shoulder to see my kill but as I turn back I see a tan blur in the corner of my left eye...as a damn deer runs across the road while I'm decelerating at about 80mph and I quickly give moderate brake and tug the wheel to the left just barely missing its *** with my right fender...suprised I didn't find hair on the headlight bezel.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill, also glad you missed the deer 'deer'
Old 07-03-2010, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

yeah nice job
Old 07-04-2010, 04:51 AM
c6r
On The Tree