Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Two races hell yeah!

Old 08-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two races hell yeah!

Hello all,

Well tonight in Mexico,while at a local hangout, I got two races in my Z06. The first was against a civic hatch and the second was against an 03 r6.

Civic:
Car was built by Courtney green. 67mm gt37r turbo, full race twin scroll manifold, jg intake manifold, big *** front mount. I don't know crap about hondas so I couldn't tell you what else he told me it had.
Running on c16, dynoed the day before at 662 whp on 29 psi. The car was gutted, with traction bars and the hole nine yards. Raced from 30-12x. At 12x I let off. He was side by side finally having traction.

The story of how I got the race. We where hanging out for an hour or so when my friend and I decided to leave. We rolled by him and some one yelled" wanna race for money?" We drove away for a second and turned around and came back to the gas station. I asked the group, " who wanted to race for money." Damn cocky people! I asked them how much and they said 500. I laughed at them for throwing out a retarded amount.
And then he said or we can run for fun.

Went out and ran and he chased me down like I was driving a prius. Thank god he didnt have traction, or he would of freight trained my *** even harder. That damn thing was so loud and so fast. We stopped down the road and talked for twenty minutes. Hes all: I figured you where just some punk in a corvette thinking your car was the ****. He was actually a really nice guy with a sick *** sleeper.

R6: 145 pound rider
It was a friend of mines bike. 2003 blue r6, only mod was a sprocket change. -1 + 2 I think? I don't know bikes. If I recall that's what he said. We went from 50-60 to 14x. We raced four times.

Race:

First race was from a 50 him in first to about 10x. I was in 3rd (390's) not really a great spot for me. On the hit he got a 3 bike lead. By the time I hit 4th at 90 it droped to about a car lead. Had to let off because there was a car in his lane.

Second race was the same result. 55-11x he pulls on the hit about a car and we hit traffic again.

3rd run was one of the best.
60 roll, I honk it off and he pulls about 2 bike lengths. I hit 4th @ 9x and I start catching up. By about 11x I was even and kept pulling till I let off at 14x. Had about 3 or so ( not sure ) car lengths on him. After that we stopped and talked for about an hour.

4th run:

We followed him onto the freeway again heading home. He got next to us and wanted to run again. 60-15x Dropped the Z into 3rd, and honked it off. This time he only got a 2 bike jump on the hit. By 4th gear we where side by side. By the top of fourth 11x ish I was 2 cars ahead. Shifted into fifth and kept pulling. We turned off and headed home. Got a call 5 minutes later from the rider. He's all "thanks for the *** whoopin!" Thats the first time i've lost to a car. Very nice guy, i'm really thinking about buying a bike now.

My mods are: jk! Ms3, PRC 2.5 heads, bigger valves (not sure of size) texas speed pushrods, arp studs, PRC dual spring kit, Harland Roller rockers. Vararam intake, Fast intake manifold, GM Throttle body, 4x# injectors (not sure) msd wires, shorty headers, test pipes, stock Ti-catback, Rpm V trans, getrag diff /w 390's. But thats the bulk of it. I'm in desperate need of a better tune.

Hope you all enjoyed my racing stories. I'm just happy I finally got a pair of races! Overall i'm happy with my car. Hopefully there will be many more stories to come. Sorry for no videos. Take care

Kobe
Old 08-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

alrighty then..a honda and a bike. two very boreing kills but im happy that your happy and hopefully you next race will be against a car this forum cares more about..nice story though and happy hunting
Old 08-28-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
alrighty then..a honda and a bike. two very boreing kills but im happy that your happy and hopefully you next race will be against a car this forum cares more about..nice story though and happy hunting
A 600hp Honda. Not everyone can find GTR's to race. You have to take what you can get.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

sweet kills. 600hp anything is a force to reckon with.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
A 600hp Honda. Not everyone can find GTR's to race. You have to take what you can get.
Maybe the Honda didn't have enough Raw Wheel Horsepower...
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD

Old 08-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Teching In

FULLY ****** BUILT! Lol
Old 08-28-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool runs bro... stories a tad long and cliff notes would be awesome but good runs regardless...

Originally Posted by RocketZ06
Hello all,

Well tonight in Mexico,while at a local hangout, I got two races in my Z06. The first was against a civic hatch and the second was against an 03 r6.

Civic:
Car was built by Courtney green. 67mm gt37r turbo, full race twin scroll manifold, jg intake manifold, big *** front mount. I don't know crap about hondas so I couldn't tell you what else he told me it had.
Running on c16, dynoed the day before at 662 whp on 29 psi. The car was gutted, with traction bars and the hole nine yards. Raced from 30-12x. At 12x I let off. He was side by side finally having traction.

The story of how I got the race. We where hanging out for an hour or so when my friend and I decided to leave. We rolled by him and some one yelled" wanna race for money?" We drove away for a second and turned around and came back to the gas station. I asked the group, " who wanted to race for money." Damn cocky people! I asked them how much and they said 500. I laughed at them for throwing out a retarded amount.
And then he said or we can run for fun.

Went out and ran and he chased me down like I was driving a prius. Thank god he didnt have traction, or he would of freight trained my *** even harder. That damn thing was so loud and so fast. We stopped down the road and talked for twenty minutes. Hes all: I figured you where just some punk in a corvette thinking your car was the ****. He was actually a really nice guy with a sick *** sleeper.

R6: 145 pound rider
It was a friend of mines bike. 2003 blue r6, only mod was a sprocket change. -1 + 2 I think? I don't know bikes. If I recall that's what he said. We went from 50-60 to 14x. We raced four times.

Race:

First race was from a 50 him in first to about 10x. I was in 3rd (390's) not really a great spot for me. On the hit he got a 3 bike lead. By the time I hit 4th at 90 it droped to about a car lead. Had to let off because there was a car in his lane.

Second race was the same result. 55-11x he pulls on the hit about a car and we hit traffic again.

3rd run was one of the best.
60 roll, I honk it off and he pulls about 2 bike lengths. I hit 4th @ 9x and I start catching up. By about 11x I was even and kept pulling till I let off at 14x. Had about 3 or so ( not sure ) car lengths on him. After that we stopped and talked for about an hour.

4th run:

We followed him onto the freeway again heading home. He got next to us and wanted to run again. 60-15x Dropped the Z into 3rd, and honked it off. This time he only got a 2 bike jump on the hit. By 4th gear we where side by side. By the top of fourth 11x ish I was 2 cars ahead. Shifted into fifth and kept pulling. We turned off and headed home. Got a call 5 minutes later from the rider. He's all "thanks for the *** whoopin!" Thats the first time i've lost to a car. Very nice guy, i'm really thinking about buying a bike now.

My mods are: jk! Ms3, PRC 2.5 heads, bigger valves (not sure of size) texas speed pushrods, arp studs, PRC dual spring kit, Harland Roller rockers. Vararam intake, Fast intake manifold, GM Throttle body, 4x# injectors (not sure) msd wires, shorty headers, test pipes, stock Ti-catback, Rpm V trans, getrag diff /w 390's. But thats the bulk of it. I'm in desperate need of a better tune.

Hope you all enjoyed my racing stories. I'm just happy I finally got a pair of races! Overall i'm happy with my car. Hopefully there will be many more stories to come. Sorry for no videos. Take care

Kobe
Aloha, your a dick!

Hahahahaha..... Raw Wheelz powa!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Launching!

my bad..I saw honda and didnt even read...600 hp is no joke
Old 08-29-2010, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Old 08-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Ummm....ok!

my bad..I saw honda and didnt even read...600 hp is no joke

LOL you talked **** and did not even read the thread, for real man?

And OP nice kills! Your car moves out.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Sorry if I missed it, but what year is your Z? Any idea what it makes at the wheels?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the comments guys. My car is an 03. Never had it on a dyno, waiting for a retune in two weeks. Hopefully I'll be in or around 500 whp.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Teching In

You've got a pretty nice setup. If I were to build my LS1 instead of my 5.0, I'd probably go the same route. Very nice bang for the buck while keeping it n/a.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your just mad because he can hang with 600hp cars. unlike your last few race stories.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

hahaha
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Rematch with the bike is happening in two weeks. I'll be fully tuned by then. He will be tuned with a filter and sprockets. Should be a day time race, so I'll do my best to get it on video.

Search this Thread