Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer sadly smashed his VTEC'ed shell into the wall!! RACING ME, WHY???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:47 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Last night, I went to a local Thurs. night scene.
Streetbikes, Harleys, Muscle Cars, and, of course, Rice. The spot was a restaurant parking lot. There were 3 FHP Camaros observing.
Everything was cool EXCEPT the stupid Ricer behavior.
Everyone BUT the Ricers was simply hanging around peacefully, but NOooo, the Ricers had to drive around, wooshing their BOV's, doing their tiny burnouts, and getting into fistfights. Sure enough, the FHP broke up the scene.
RICERS SUCK ***.
This is why damn near every spot in El Paso is marked a non cruising zone.
Leave it to ricers to f up a good thing.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Classic example of life imitating "art". Guess he didn't pay any attention to the "Don't Try This at Home" disclaimers at the beginning both those "art" rags

BTW good kill

Don't be too hard on yourself either,you weren't driving his car, he was. I don't really think we can call that driving

Last edited by 99RedRagSS; 01-30-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN FUNNY until you've seen 4 ricers screw up their cars at once. last summer i was cruising a local spot. All nite there was come kind of half assed custom Integra car club cruising around in line like a parade full of ride on lawn-mowers.

they all go to make a U-turn and the one in the back goes to scream at a girl that was standing in the parking lot we were in.....naturally they all have sticks and weren't sitting on their brakes in the turn lane....

this guy slows down, looks out the window, screams something and proceeds to misjudge the distance and crash into his buddy in front of him. ALL 4 cars rolled forward and hit eachother in front of about 40 people.

now THAT was culling the herd!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Another reason NOT to run rice. If we are seen racing a civic or whatever ricer car we race that winds up killing himself or someone else, we'll be fucked. These guys are not good sportsmen. They refuse to take a kill- Hence the ricer fly by. Numerous times have I killed a ricer, shut down at a reasonable speed and then watch the ricer ******* proceed with his ricer fly by and weave in and out of traffic ahead. I try to avoid running them as much as possible. They are true losers.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok so i dont get defencive at all. but i just want to throw in. ive noticed the only people that **** with me when im in the scoobie are older stangs, f bodys and bmw's..... i just look at em and laugh.... i have no delusions of grandure... any one that does deserves what ever happens to them... i guess its more of a probablem of know your place.
oooh another thing i wanted to throw in is some rice is nice..
ive always gotten a kick out of this
enjoy
Old 01-31-2004, 01:34 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL, great post!!! Great REAL KILL!!! SUPER!!! I love it!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cudaeh
ok so i dont get defencive at all. but i just want to throw in. ive noticed the only people that **** with me when im in the scoobie are older stangs, f bodys and bmw's..... i just look at em and laugh.... i have no delusions of grandure... any one that does deserves what ever happens to them... i guess its more of a probablem of know your place.
oooh another thing i wanted to throw in is some rice is nice..
ive always gotten a kick out of this
enjoy

Cudaeh, "scoobies" are not ricer cars. They might be a PAIN IN THE *** because some are serious threats to some of us, but they are quality cars. I would never "f" with an sti or any modded subaru. I've never had any issues with scoobie drivers. They seem to know what's up. btw, what's up with that silly *** wing on the sti?
Old 01-31-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mod Maniac
Cudaeh, "scoobies" are not ricer cars. They might be a PAIN IN THE *** because some are serious threats to some of us, but they are quality cars. I would never "f" with an sti or any modded subaru. I've never had any issues with scoobie drivers. They seem to know what's up. btw, what's up with that silly *** wing on the sti?
Well, that opened up another argument between what is rice and what isnt. Though, I see what your saying. Less people "rice" out subarus, or have the ricer state of mind. It still happens, but not anywhere near as frequently as say a civic.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

typical "ricer" cars= 350z(the worst), civics, "type-r's", integras, volkswagon golfs, nissan sentras, chevy cavaliers, dodge neons, celicas, Evos, and various others.

Respectable imports: Subarus WRX/STI, Toyota Supras, some turbo eclipses (sans wings/fart cans), nissan 300zx(not 350z), Mazda RX-7's, and the 3000 gt.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Honorable mention: NSX.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Well it appears I am inbetween because I neither get the rice brandishing or the nod of respect. Oh well, I guess I will have to earn the respect 1 LS1 at a time.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Oh, and here is the original....
Attached Thumbnails Ricer sadly smashed his VTEC'ed shell into the wall!! RACING ME, WHY???-anti-honda2.jpg  
Old 01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To me Rice is FWD anything FWD. I have always kept my eye on the Subaru because it has always been the leader in ALL WHEEL DRIVE for relatively cheap. I was definitely excited to see it hit the 220 hp range a few years back. Even b4 it hit that I knew that's all they would need and when they finally did it, it represented correctly and it's 1/4 times proved it. Even more so today. I don't really like it's latest cosmetics though. But I do respect it. It has it's flaws tho, in relation to adding more HP, all of it's drivetrain is relatively small and I don't think it's capable of handling too much over it's stock power levels. Judging from the size of parts. Add that in with costs and it gets real expensive real fast.
Mod that pic is horrible dood, that's a child, it doesn't look like a spoof either. More like a cruel day for him. Bad taste the pics in bad taste.
The WRX has proven to be 1 more reason to not stay too stock in regards to knowing our places. And along those lines our weak link being the rearend can put up with just enough to shut one down. Way before he has to runout and upgrade diffs or shaft interlocks.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dident want to get into an argument about it i just wanted to double check that when every one is saying rice they mean the auto zone specials and not respecitble imports. we realy need some sort of way to specify between rice burner crap and respectible import cars....
i would like to nomanate the skyline gtr for the respectible list not just because its an R but because ive seen a couple of dinos of street cars putting up 1000+ hp ... oh that and awd kicks ars in imports and jdm's
yeah i think the rs wing looks better then the sti ... but to each there own

dude the honda orrigonal is funny!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

"ricer" is a state of mind not so much a type of car to me. I have seen Stangs,Fbods, and trucks riced out, they maybe American Muscle but the right Idiot can rice anything out, like Clear tailights,big huge *** spoilers and stickers everywhere!!! The one thing I really hate is seeing a nice lightning or a GM truck with a damn spoiler, its a truck, not a race car, but i do like the NASCAR spoilers off the tailgates, but the spoilers for cars on a truck look like ****!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

To me Rice is FWD anything FWD
I dont agree with that. There are some cars that can be brought up quite inexpensively. Also Only when ppl put crazy wings and other useless parts on thier vehicles do they become rice.... My friend has a new celica with the body kit and everything. He has the stock exhaust and all no stickers. His car is an actual show car and i dont see anythign wrong with that. Another one of my frineds has a turbo beetle his wife drives which is also a show car. I think you are just showing bias to all cars that are FWD. just my .02 cents
Old 01-31-2004, 01:13 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cuda, I bet you're lovin' the AWD in that weather. Congrats on the car and enjoy it.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:58 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Mod Maniac
Another reason NOT to run rice. If we are seen racing a civic or whatever ricer car we race that winds up killing himself or someone else, we'll be fucked. These guys are not good sportsmen. They refuse to take a kill- Hence the ricer fly by. Numerous times have I killed a ricer, shut down at a reasonable speed and then watch the ricer ******* proceed with his ricer fly by and weave in and out of traffic ahead. I try to avoid running them as much as possible. They are true losers.
I wonder what a ricer would do against a top fuel dragster? I guess they would keep it floored and try to beat the back to the pit stall.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
"ricer" is a state of mind not so much a type of car to me. I have seen Stangs,Fbods, and trucks riced out, they maybe American Muscle but the right Idiot can rice anything out, like Clear tailights,big huge *** spoilers and stickers everywhere!!! The one thing I really hate is seeing a nice lightning or a GM truck with a damn spoiler, its a truck, not a race car, but i do like the NASCAR spoilers off the tailgates, but the spoilers for cars on a truck look like ****!!!!

this is EXACTLY what ive been saying....

the only thing you forgot is that the ricer mentality includes driving like an ******* ALWAYS...not sometimes, not only when there are people to show off too but ALWAYS....EVERY other driver on the road MUST know that you are a TRUE race car driver!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

happened to me on the first week i had my ls1 (Stock a4 2.73) a 2001-2002 mustang gt wanted some. after i walked him, he did the loser drive-by, nearly clipping a car. Needless to say the wife wasn't amused, and i refused to race again on the freeway. Stupid kids. Almost took out an innocent person because he was mad and i dunno exactly what the point of the loser fly-by is. You lost, just turn off and go home with your ford tail tucked. Be a man. everyones gonna lose sometime doesn't mean you have to be a loser and get angry.