Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Corvette vs two mustang GT's

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette vs two mustang GT's

Race one:

My car: 92 Vette auto stock 2:59 gears, no passenger, lid, longtubes/full exhaust, untuned, 315's

His: S197 GT 5 speed manual, one passenger, catback, K&N

So my neighbor/ distant friend has a nice looking and sounding S197 GT, I've always wanted to run him but I've never ran into him on the road. Yesterday as I'm driving past his house he revs at me, and I return the favor . I get to the lights and he happens to pull up next to me, and immediately asks me what it has under the hood. I gladly respond by saying its just an old LT1. He looks over to his passenger and smiles. He then asks me if its fast, I say "eh so so ". I proceed to ask him his mods, he smiles and say "eh just a turbo" and bursts out laughing. He then says, "I'm just playing man, I have a K&N and Flowmaster catback."

Light turns green and we both take off normally. At around 15ish we both hit it. The LT1 torque immediately puts me about a car and a half out front. Second gear kicks in and I get squirrely, but still holding my lead. When we let out due to traffic, I was sitting about two cars out. We then get on the interstate and line up at 45. I honk it off and we both hit it. The LT1 screams and shuts that pony up. I immediately get a car on him, 80 comes around and I'm 3 cars out, the speedometer reads 109 and I'm holding my lead, 115 and I let out, with me still about 2.5 to 3 cars ahead. He pulls up and we both give thumbs up.

The mustang owner later told me that he will be installing 4:10's soon. I'm sure we will run them again when he does.

Race 2:

Well today I was driving down the highway with the targa top off, when a nice red 2v mustang GT with top down merges in. It was real nice, with black wheels and black accents, and from the sound of it, at least a catback. We start toying around and getting away from traffic. When we finally get some open road, he wont even look at me. I toss him a couple of revs but doesn't bite. Finally I honk at him and looks over. I signal him for us to run em, and he just puts a smirk on his face and downshifts. I put her in D and try to get a low roll, however he maintains his speed at 60mph. I honk it off and immediately pull a car and a half, and by 115ishI'm a good 2-3 cars ahead so I shut it down. We both give thumbs up and I get off on my exit.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice write up good runs, i actually kinda ran a C4 today i was behind him and he took off from the light and ran it out to about 80, i almost rear ended him cause i was quicker then him, then when i tried to line up for an actual race he didnt want any.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a lot of poorly running and driven C4's out there(not that it would have mattered in your car). Luckily I got a good one. By the way, your CTSV looks badass, I've always wanted one.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, i have grown to like the looks of the C4s, this guy had big GSD3s on the back and it sounded good too. Shame he wouldnt play though. I didnt even have the bottle in the car either.