Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kills

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Kills

Lets hear about the best kills you guys ever had against anything?

once i was out on hwy 100 cruising and my car is just a 97 camaro at the time with nothing more then a cai built tranny with 2500 stall, TB bypass and descreened maf and this 5.0 i wanna say 1990 pulls up next to me with a big fat guy in it and a big cigar in his lip acting all cocky and the thing was turboed big time i had my windows up and the radio on and i could still hear the damn thing just whinning away. so i wasn't sure about racing him but i said wtf and ddropped the car into 2nd then he took off then i go and some how i take all the way and beat him by 1 1/2 car lengths and he pulled behind me and pulled away haha
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

I have to call BS unless it was a stock 4cyl Turbo fox and even stock there quick. Just saying...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

def not turbo'd
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Launching!

my buddy had a supercharged fox stock motor just a supercharger and it went 13.6-8s so i can believe it if it was a supercharged one.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car was pretty stock besides the turbo/SC and exhaust its very possible. Those cars only had 225 FWHP stock.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i was down at a local town fair last year in august......just went for a ride with the car and a friend of mine.......we parked and watched a parade as i noticed this porsche 911 GT2 something or other pull in the lot next to me......guy gets out hes like 55 years old with the porsche jacket and hat......we kinda giggled and watched him walk away....so we go to leave i fire up my car and i see the guy get in his look at me and kinda snicker.......the dude follows me all the way back to the highway right on my *** the whole time.....(apparently he doesn't recognize the smell of C16 that shoulda been his first clue lol)......so i get on the highway and im rolling slow like 30mph at the end of the ramp he rolls next to me and takes off.....soon as i got traction around 70 or so i catch him and go rolling by him bad...so i slow back down........he slows down to 40 then takes off again.......this time i let him get like 2 cars out before i get on it......by 100 i had caught him and by 140 i had about 5 cars on him........he gets me when i get off the highway and goes "are you on NOS?" i go "No its just a v6" and drive away...........ruined his day in his $225k porsche with a 144k mile 95 camaro gotta love it

i got tons of these stories lol......my car looks pretty stock and its loud......everybody tries to race me.....usually doesn't work out well for them lol
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Raced some dude in a newer Porsche 911 turbo convert, when my car was running pretty decent. Did a 30 to about a 70 roll, and had him by about a car. I was happy with that one.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, another Porsche story Mikey V? LOL... you should see the douchers I have in my area with them. Go north of 15 Mile and Woodward, and it's a Porshe playground.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Oh, another Porsche story Mikey V? LOL... you should see the douchers I have in my area with them. Go north of 15 Mile and Woodward, and it's a Porshe playground.
more like a porsche buffet
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
"No its just a v6" and drive away...........
Did that a few years ago to some teenage kid in a crappy Sentra SE-R SpecV when my car was stock.

Kid had been driving like a dick whenever he got near me to get my attention, so I knew he was gonna go at the first light we caught.

Let off at the beginning of 3rd and was many many car lengths ahead of him. At the next light he asked if it was a V8 and I told him it was a V6, and judging by the look on his face I honestly think he believed me.

Of course even if I was in a 5spd 3.8L Firebird I probably still would have beat him by a little bit. The SE-R's are effing slow, I think its just a 170ish hp, torqueless, fwd, 4-cylinder sled.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MuddyBird
I have to call BS unless it was a stock 4cyl Turbo fox and even stock there quick. Just saying...
I dont know how it happened it was turboed and had 5.0 badges i assumed the idiot didnt know how to run his car
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Back when my 355 was in the car I was in Des Moines leaving a small car get together obviously my car didnt lope much with the hotcam. A little miata pulled up beside me at a stoplight and I heard a more of a lope then Im used to, I shut my car off thinking it was missing and It ends up being this miata beside me so I ask "Does that thing have a small block?" He said find out light turns green and takes off, I didnt know he wanted to race. Next stop light he laughed and told me it was ford powered and thats why I couldnt keep up; He started stalling it up again and when the light turned green I let him have it. Took him by 5 cars in about an 1/8th mile. He didnt say much at that stoplight and turned off shortly after.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Schooled an s2000 by about a car and change up a straightaway hill on I-84. He tried again, and lost again. It was pretty good.

Also, on one of the local thoroughfares this kid lines up next to me in an early 2000's mustang gt. Light goes green. Got him by like 3 car lengths. The best part was when we got to the next light, it was his mom in the passengers seat and she was yelling to me and my buddy how he just got his drivers permit. LMFAO!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i killed an competition orange pullied and ported blower '03 cobra at the track last year. i was full bolt on's and didn't spray. he had been talking all night about it being the fastest street car there and i never said anything to him, just lined up next to him. its amazing what a driver mod can do. got it on video, i had him by at least 7 cars at the 1000 foot
Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
more like a porsche buffet
^ LMFAO
Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

My best on the street, a 427 Cobra. Not a Mustang, a real Shelby Cobra. I was in my 67 396 375 HP Camaro, 4 speed with 4.56 gears (from the factory.) My car was all stock except for headers and slapper bars, and a good tune. Expected to get him out of the gate and watch him walk away. He got me out of the gate and I walked him in third and fourth. You should have seen his face when I showed him my engine. Street racing was a real blast in the 60's.

Later at the drags they had an AHRA Super Stock meet. This was back when Super Stock was Pro Stock. The bubble was 11.88 and two 427 Ford Thunderbolts were tied for 16th place. Yes, exact same ET. So they were going to run them off to see who was in. My 67 was in C Stock, ran to tech and got in Super Stock. Ran 11.84 and bumped them both. As luck would have it I ended up getting second place. From 16th

Al
Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Last race I had was against another LT1. I was ignoring him for 30+ miles but he kept egging me on. I could see the y-pipe hanging down so I know it had atleast boltons. So I downshift into 3rd at 70mph, give him the hit and he gets ~1.5 cars out on me. By the top of 3rd I'm blowing past him, I shift into 4th around 6800, run 4th out to the shift light and I have a good 5+ cars on him with me still pulling.

The race before that was awhile ago against a c5 Z06 that atleast had exhaust, sounded like headers and an x-pipe too. It was early in the morning and he was egging me on, so I just throw it in 4th around 70 and take off. I let off at 120 with him visible in my rear view so I'm guessing i had 2-3 cars on him.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Almost forgot my loss against a corolla. I was waiting to turn right on a flashing red 3 way light. There was a truck to my left so I couldn't see if traffic was coming so I obviously wait for him to pull out. The corolla with a rice can behind me didn't seem to appreciate that so he honked. So that triggers my road rage mode, I make the turn slow as hell to **** him off, then he tries to do a fly-by and I nail it next to him. I let off around 50-60 with a couple bus lengths on him thinking that was the end of that. Then 5-10 seconds later he buzzed on by me full steam ahead.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

LMAO^^^^ The dreaded fly by loss.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Launching!

I try not to beat on my car too much on the street, but the last time I did it was well worth the chuckle. Beating the car was not a major win by any means, but beating the driver was epic.

On a Saturday night I was cruising towards down town Tampa on Kennedy Blvd, which is the University of Tampa area (rich kid central). Im in the left lane doing the speed limit when a 08-09 Acura TSX pulls right out of a side street and nearly clips my passenger fender. I'm sure there was nothing done to this car besides the drop kit, exhaust and black rims. I swerve to miss this idiot and take a look to see the driver. What I saw was an a 18-20 year old kid. He was equipped with huge sun glasses (at night), spiked blonde hair , and a bright orange polo with the collar popped . His blonde diva was sitting next to him in the passenger seat, with another near identical couple in the back. What topped this off was that these suburban bred college kids were blaring some super srewed and chopped rap music.

As if his pocket full of pills wasn't going to get him layed, he decides to show off and smoke an old camaro with his lightning fast TSX lol. He guns it and has a half a fender on me by the time I realize what hes doing. Needless to say, I stomped a hole in my floor board, hooked like a dream (for once), and never gave that kid a chance..lol. At the next light his windows were rolled up and he quickly bailed with a right hand turn before the light turned green

Daily driven 1997 SS = $3450. Used TSP Catback = $120. Shocks, Springs, and Nittos = $975. Total investment = $4545.

Putting a rich college tool bag to shame in his $25k + car in front of his girl?

An absolute and priceless f*****g pleasure