Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

two races in a week

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two races in a week

ok, i know i might get some crap for this not being a race in a ls-engined car. but i sold my camaro and cts-v. i am in getting a trans-am in the next few weeks. on to the races.
ok i got a 2009 mazdaspeed3 about a month ago and so far i have a ingen cold air intake, i ran into my neighbor coming out of cvs and we talked and said we should line em up on the way home, he drives a late 90's GTP with a pulley and catback. so we do a few 45 or 50 rolls and were pretty close, then we catch a light and talked, i told him he would probably yank me from a stop because i have horrible wheel hop. light turned green and we both spin some (both wrong wheel drive) but i am walkin right by him while bouncin. i grab second and start walkin away hard. hit third and was 2-3 cars ahead, we repeated the same thing at the next light but only went to the top of 2nd, with me about a full car ahead. i called him up and he was shocked how hard my car pulled in 2nd. i was shocked i tore him so bad from a dig. but i looked up GTP's and found they are open diff. the ms3's have a torsen lsd. so even though i get some spin its still moving out.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd race was today, a friend i hadn't seen in a few years came into town and he was in a 40th anniversary stang GT. we went from a 45 roll and on the 1st race he only dropped to 3rd and i instantly walked away from him. so i let off and he rolled up looking embarrassed. he told me he left it in 3rd. so we go again and from the hit i pulled half a car thru 2nd but i have to shift at 5500 in this car, so up top he gained back almost even, then in the middle of 3rd i gain between a 1/4 to 1/2 a car, then i shift and he gains a little back. so pretty much a very close race, with me a nose ahead for most. after the 2nd race honest to god he said " i dont wanna race anymore this is embarrassing" when we got to my house i told him he shouldnt worry our cars make almost the same power, and mines a few hundred pound lighter with a 6-speed.