Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fun times...sorry no video!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun times...sorry no video!

Had some fun with unexpected opposition recently!I was speeding a little bit (75 mph or so) to catch up with a friend after I payed a bridge toll when the Jaguar xkr(2007 or 2008 same thing really,supercharged v8 425 bhp or so) next to my friend gets on the gas hard once I rolled up.Of course I gave chase and I passed him by 100 and kept pulling until about 125 or so.I could tell he let off the gas after I put about 3 car length's on him.I slowed down and what do you know the flyby attempt happens but I'm ready and waiting in 3rd gear.I stopped his pull and walked away once again but this time I stayed in it for a little longer just to rub it in!Slowed down again and we gave each other a thumb's up.Older guy with an ear to ear grin!

Today as I'm cruising on the freeway I get behind a maserati spyder, looks like a smaller gran turismo with about 400 or so bhp(not rwhp).He punches it from about 70 or so and I follow and pull around him when we got in the clear,after a few failed flyby's(from him not me) he actually lines up with me at about 75 but than he jump's the gun and i reeled him in and passed him before 100mph and stayed in it till the top of fourth gear .This same scenario happened a couple more times before he gave up but was cool enough to give a thumbs up.

Sorry no video's as these were random encounters and I was by myself.I was really surprised these guy's actually raced me much less instigate the race like they did.It goes to show that not every guy in a high end luxury/sport's car has a huge ego and a lack of ball's to actually play with their fast car's!Both guy's were good sport's and took their losses with a smile!