Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got pulled over...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got pulled over...

So I was just cruising around town, stopped to grab something to drink and see if any action was going down tonight. Well I made a few passes up and down the main strip and nothing was going on so I decided to head back home. On my way back I pass a sheriff ( I wasn't doing anything illegal ) and he turns around at the gas station as quickly gets on my ***. He follows me for about 2 miles then pulls me over So I'm like great why is he pulling me over. Anyway he gets out and comes up to my window and was asking me about my tags, I still got 30 day temporary tags on my car from P.A. haven't got official tags yet and plus, I got a tag border thing that sais SLP Performance and its blocking the date of the 30 day tag. That's why he pulled me over. He also said a few days ago I passed him doing 100 mph outside of town, he told me he wasn't trying to get me to confess to anything to right me out a ticket because he wasn't going to give me a ticket, he was just telling me I need to slow down because speeding like that could cost me alot of money. Anyway he runs my drivers license and everything was good. When he gave me my license back I asked him, if you seen me pass you doing 100mph why didn't you pull me over, he said he was in his personal car. Then he started asking me what was done to my car and told me it was a really nice car and asked what it ran in the 1/4. Turns out he was really cool, and just gave me some friendly advice to slow down so it doesn't cost me money.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Great kill. I found $20 today.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Great kill. I found $20 today.
I lost $20 today
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

good deal!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Every once and a while you get lucky.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Out of the hole looks like he jumped out in front, but you just kept reeling him in and came out ahead in the end...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyZ28
So I was just cruising around town, stopped to grab something to drink and see if any action was going down tonight. Well I made a few passes up and down the main strip and nothing was going on so I decided to head back home. On my way back I pass a sheriff ( I wasn't doing anything illegal ) and he turns around at the gas station as quickly gets on my ***. He follows me for about 2 miles then pulls me over So I'm like great why is he pulling me over. Anyway he gets out and comes up to my window and was asking me about my tags, I still got 30 day temporary tags on my car from P.A. haven't got official tags yet and plus, I got a tag border thing that sais SLP Performance and its blocking the date of the 30 day tag. That's why he pulled me over. He also said a few days ago I passed him doing 100 mph outside of town, he told me he wasn't trying to get me to confess to anything to right me out a ticket because he wasn't going to give me a ticket, he was just telling me I need to slow down because speeding like that could cost me alot of money. Anyway he runs my drivers license and everything was good. When he gave me my license back I asked him, if you seen me pass you doing 100mph why didn't you pull me over, he said he was in his personal car. Then he started asking me what was done to my car and told me it was a really nice car and asked what it ran in the 1/4. Turns out he was really cool, and just gave me some friendly advice to slow down so it doesn't cost me money.
Must've thought it was an LS1.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:08 AM
10 Second Club

I bought c5 rims and tires off a guy in my town and turns out he is a Sheriff with a procharged C5 and was asking about the meets around here. cool guys can be cops too. Around here, Cops don't **** with Domestic too much, but I've seen them pull over imports for the dumbest reasons on race nights.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cops making conversation?

Never happens.

Lived in Atlanta 5 years, gotten 3 tickets. NONE of them were for racing.. all of them were keeping up with traffic. They just single you out and you're speeding because traffic naturally speeds here 11-15 over.

Most conversation I've had is "what year is this car?"

Speed limits=revenue collection.. nothing more. A shakedown.

I got one of those tickets 4 days after I bought a car, still had the temp tag, I wasn't at all used to the car and I was sick and trying to get home.

good to know ALL cops aren't jerks.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry man, but I gotta do it.... Look at your mods, then look at his. There is no way you are going to trap that much lower than him and still be able to put that much distance between your bumper and his. Kid, we know our **** here, and we've owned and raced similar cars, so don't try to pull a fast one on us. I raced one of those before, and there is no way that you'd pull him that hard. Try again next time.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You're lucky he was old five oh and not new five oh

New five oh runs 10 with bolt ons on stock tires.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssick
sorry man, but i gotta do it.... Look at your mods, then look at his. There is no way you are going to trap that much lower than him and still be able to put that much distance between your bumper and his. Kid, we know our **** here, and we've owned and raced similar cars, so don't try to pull a fast one on us. I raced one of those before, and there is no way that you'd pull him that hard. Try again next time.
lolwut
Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myk
Out of the hole looks like he jumped out in front, but you just kept reeling him in and came out ahead in the end...
Ellis Juan + 3rd gear = Time travel

Good kill OP. Get some DRs and you'll be able to beat 2vs without using up your warp drive.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
You're lucky he was old five oh and not new five oh

New five oh runs 10 with bolt ons on stock tires.
I thought they ran .40S&W. 10's a bit too much velocity for new five oh to handle.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like he got you pretty bad, did he finish with the ricer flyby?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Ellis Juan + 3rd gear = Time travel

Good kill OP. Get some DRs and you'll be able to beat 2vs without using up your warp drive.
Too bad OPs car came out one year before the hyperdrive was installed in Camaros.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
Sorry man, but I gotta do it.... Look at your mods, then look at his. There is no way you are going to trap that much lower than him and still be able to put that much distance between your bumper and his. Kid, we know our **** here, and we've owned and raced similar cars, so don't try to pull a fast one on us. I raced one of those before, and there is no way that you'd pull him that hard. Try again next time.
Exactly there is no way that happened with an lt1 car. OP is full of ****. Take it to the honda boards.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That 5.0 would have pulled you if he was shifting it right. Plus I bet he had tc on so he had no power off the line. Let him get some more mods and let's see what happens.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

What is everyone talking about? Did I miss something someone said about a race or something? Who raced who?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is everyone talking about 5.0s? It clearly states in the OP what he was racing. ******* retards, can't even read.