Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New best on the 600 - I can make this thread because I'm a mod :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice run, while on that site I decided to see what the "pro" riders ran on my bike.

10.6 @ 130 which is sad if you ask me.

With sprocket, air filter and strapped I ran a 10.06 @ 135.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
Not sure i'm going to be able to make this after a little mishap on the track today.

Last lap of the session, final passing zone before the straight (between turns 10 and 11) i clipped the edge of the track going for an aggressive pass on an R1....2 bent rims and a ruined rear tire.

On the plus side, i got some decent air.

PSM i put an arrow at the spot so you know where i'm talking about. R1 went far to the right early, i went for it anyway and got pinched at that tiny kink along the edge of the track.

EDIT: This is not my vid, but at 1:22 the rider goes for a pass at the same spot and gets close to the edge. I got pinched a bit and clipped it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKSu...layer_embedded
Oh no! That sucks, man. I can't tell you how many times I've run up or clipped the curbs, but I've never had any kind of issue with it causing damage. There's all kinds of room in that passing zone coming out of T10 to the left but that kink makes it trickier to the right if the person you're passing doesn't go a little wide to the left with their line. I guess you know that by now, though.

And if you go wide out of 10 for a pass on the left, you get screwed going into T11 because it's kind of an abrupt left and completely throws you off for the chicane.

How was it other than that?
Originally Posted by Ls_Notch
those are some good times, a lot better than most 600s I see running. I got some 1.6x 60fts on my stock 09 zx6r with some 13000 rpm launches so you can deff drop that time
Was that stock height, length, and gearing without a strap? I'm pretty sure I can hit a 1.7 as it sits with some more RPM on the launch, but 1.6 on a stock height, length, and geared 600 without a strap would surprise me. I guess we'll see, though, because I planned on continuing to up the RPM when I get back to LVD on the 7th. As long as it keeps going faster, I'm gonna keep going higher.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 06-19-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I try to pass on the right to setup for the next section, I'll only go left if I'm passing a slow bike. This guy wasn't a good rider so he'd putt through the corners and open up that 1000 in the passing zone, so I had to get a good drive out of the corner and try to stay on the line.

One of those things I guess.