Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Two for two today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two for two today!

I usually don't get challenged by anyone but today for some reason I did. It must have been because the car was nice and clean....or because the g/f wasn't in the car.

This morning I was on my way to watch a game and a smaller Harley (don't know much about bikes so I don't know what it was) was next to me and was loud as hell as we were driving. My top was down so this was especially annoying. At the next light there were three lanes. Both of us in the front with a car b/t us. Light goes green and I roll onto the throttle and stay on.....so does he. It was close for a second and then I put on a few carlengths and shut it down around 75. Next light we stop and he rolls up beside me and says "fast car". I said thanks, that's a nice bike you've got there....the paint looks great. I told him the car runs 12.9's (nevermind what my sig says ). He said nice...and we were off.

Then on my way home I roll up to another light. The top down once again. To my left is a Silver Hemi Magnum, dark tinted windows so I was a bit hesitant as it could be an undercover cop. Light goes green and I roll off like I would normally, maybe 1/4 throttle. I hear him nail it so I punch it...car drops into first and I end his pull and start walking him. At 75 he was a few carlengths behind. Next light we pull up and his window is down. I tell him nice car and that I'd buy one of those if I were in the market for a new ride. He said "Thanks, not bad for a wagon, eh?" I said "yep, pretty respectable. This time I'll make sure I'm still in first, I've got an automatic!" He said "Mine's an auto too.....cool...lets nail it." Light goes green....I give him the jump. I nail it it and as soon as I hit second I'm already pulling him. At 60 I already have a couple cars on him and still pulling. He didn't bother coming back to say anything to me after that....

It was a fun day all in all and I know....neither of these is real competition...but hey.....that's not my problem.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

good kills, those magnums look tough.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Sounds fun. Good kills.