Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple weekend things

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple weekend things

Well I finally got my car back from being in the body shop after some ***** backed in to it and left. So I finally installed my first real mod in my Lid, which has been sitting around since before the damage, saturday. The engine sounds louder, but a SOP difference is hard to figure out. By the way that freaking stock lid is glued on to the MAFH, that's why it's impossible to get off with out a hairdryer/heatgun. Wish someone would have mentioned that somewhere in the thousands of threads where people say it's such an easy job.

Next me and my buds went to the Drag Strip for the midnight races which is just what I've been waiting on but my headlight motor is messed up(weak i know but I hate hearing the thing stain everytime I turn them on and off), so we took my friends truck and just watched. Nice cool night but aparently track was wet by the time we got there, so the concession stand owner brought out his fox body and did a burnout until he blew his tires. Then there was a wet t-shirt contest for the first time in years, one of the girls looked like Kirsten Dunst, and about as young too. But the best part of the night was watching a 9.06 camaro whomping on a Hayabusa!

"Race" Starts here:
As I'm getting ready for my sunday drive letting my baby warm up i see an old(E36) M3 go by. So i snap her in gear and pull out and follow the M3 down the road till he notices me. I just stay behind a while still letting the formula reach a decent operating temp. Then I guess I got a little excited following him at a left turn from a stop light because my rear decides to step out and get funny which if the hood bearing down on him hasn't grabbed his attention yet, this sure did. So he gets on it and the road is too hilly for me to want to blow him away so I stay on him with about 4.5k shifts, and to give him a false sense of security.

So I let him lead to the next turn where we go right on to a nicer road, he takes it wide into the left lane and leaves me to make the tight turn so I can't get on it till I straighten out in the right. By the time I punch it from about 15mph he's a good 4 cars ahead but those old M3s aren't all that fast so by 80mph I'm passing him and give him some room before I get into his lane with less traffic and get back on the brakes. Well he pulled along side and gave the thumbs up as i was smiling proving that maybe not all BMW drivers are ****** after all.

So we get on the highway where i procede to leave him in the dust, but not two miles up I see a brand spanking new F430! Well with only a lid I didn't dare challenge, I just drove along side asked a few Q's took a few pics and got back off the highway. He seemed cool too but I'd be happy as hell if I was driving that too.

Long stories sorry but I'm just happy to have my baby back, and hopefully tomorrow I'll get the motor fixed and head to the track for my first times with this car this weekend.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

You shoulda thrown a rev or two just to hear the F430 go! Those things sound SWEET.

Cool story.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Wet T-shirt contest eh? I bet they were all winners.