Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Outran a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
haha, this one time me and my friend were in a parking lot being stupid... and we are in his car (96 jeep grand cherokee limited)... so hes like... 'hey look im like the millenium falcon... and you can be chewie' so he pulls this massive donut in the parking lot, screeching the tires and almost getting up on 2 wheels, and he pulls into this parking spot hella fast. little do we know that a cop has been watching us the whole time. so he turns on his lights, and comes over with his new york accent and says 'what do you think youre doing?' and my friend says 'i just thought of when the millenium falcon was going into the asteroid field, sir. i thought it would be to do that, thats all.' and he said it with a strait face. the cop goes back to his car with the licence and registration... then he comes back, and says 'dont drive like an ***!' proving, that if youve got an interesting story, then itll work. sometimes you dont even have to run.
HA! That also proves there's never a bad time to throw out a Star Wars reference!
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only got stopped once for a speeding violation. $340 dollars and 6 months of probation in Shelby Cnty. later, my record was impeccable [87 in a 65, ticket was valued at 160, but I dont pay them, I always hire a lawyer and work out what it will cost to GET RID OF THEM, its worth it in the long run at my age (20)]
Old 01-19-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I only got stopped once for a speeding violation. $340 dollars and 6 months of probation in Shelby Cnty. later, my record was impeccable [87 in a 65, ticket was valued at 160, but I dont pay them, I always hire a lawyer and work out what it will cost to GET RID OF THEM, its worth it in the long run at my age (20)]
damn! thats what i should do! ....or should have done at least. but hey, ive got 3 more weeks left of being a licenced driver! ...then... well.... i dont wanna think about it
Old 01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Lawyers can work wonders if you pay them to. WHy do you think you got a ticket? Because you were being unsafe? Hell no. Because they wanted YOUR MONEY! thats all its about is money. You give them $300 in fee's to the DA/JP instead of 160 for the violation and OF COURSE you should get out of it...only after being told you were unsafe, however. All they want is money, they could give a **** about public safetly/your licence.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:14 AM
12 Second Club

Ok Fyi, Pretty Much All Highway And Local Cops Have Camera's. It's Pretty Much Mandated By The Laws Or State. The Second They Turn Their Lights On The Camera Starts Rolling. If Indeed He Did Come Behind You He Probably Got Your Plates. Just Pray To God He Didnt If Not Your In A World Of **** If He Decides To Pursue The Case And Your Vehicle. On A Lighter Note, Nice On The Get Away For Now. Neva Run From The Cops Maain, It's Not Worth It.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by giant016
In driving school this came up, and the instructor said that you can get away with speeding/parking tickets in other states. This is because for something small like that the information about your ticket cannot legally be given from one state to another. On the other hand, that state you commited the act in will rape you up the *** if you ever go back there and a cop runs your plate. I'm guessing that running from the cops is serious enough for them to nab you in a different state though.
You can tell your instructor he's full of it. About 10 years ago I was going to Ohio in my tbird, I was doing over 100 on the PA turnpike, (nothing but mountainsan, lol). The cop was sitting on the side and I was going around a downhill turn. Thank God I just caught him, as I slammed the brakes. He got me doing 85 in a 65. I asked the cop if that transfer to this state, told me he wasn't sure that I could call and ask. Sure enough, they told me no, but guess what, that baby popped up on my Maryland record. My cousin in Ohio got his ticket in Virginia, yeap, it carried over to his ohio driving record.

I talked to the insurance agency about it, they told me that if you live in the continental US, chances are, the tickets will carry over to your record.

It's I pat your back and you pat mine, the states work together on tickets. Don't get me wrong, some do get lucky and don't carry over, but from what I heard from the insurance agency, there's not many.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

I heard that when insurance companies get notice of a speeding ticket and the jack up the premiums that a small % of that goes to the local authorites to help them purchase more radar detectors and other devices. Don't know if it's true but sounds legit. A vicious cycle.

But I do know that all the speeding fines are just cash flow for the court system nothing more. F'n bastids. -Mark
Old 01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

somebody should just make it so that the money from the tickets goes to something else, and it CANT go to law enforecement. like it has to go to the schools or something. but i doubt that will ever happen. theyre fat and happy right now, and thats how they wanna stay.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

He'll post again soon as his bail is put up.... but I can gaurantee you one thing... it will be a while before he sits down in his T/A normally again.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I talked to the insurance agency about it, they told me that if you live in the continental US, chances are, the tickets will carry over to your record.

It's I pat your back and you pat mine, the states work together on tickets. Don't get me wrong, some do get lucky and don't carry over, but from what I heard from the insurance agency, there's not many.
I know for a fact that south carolina tickets dont make their way to a PA license... otherwise I would definitely not have a license right now.

somebody should just make it so that the money from the tickets goes to something else, and it CANT go to law enforecement.
that would be great. Just speaking for the cops around here (read: I dont think all cops are bad) theyre just asses that fail to serve and protect, rather they just issue ticket after ticket after ticket. years ago my dad's younger sister's car broke down at night and she was forced to walk home in the dark. a 20 year old girl walking home at night in a rather crummy part of town. one of the local cops wouldnt even give her a ride to her house.
needless to say I have VERY little respect for the "law enforcers" (I use that term VERY loosely) around here.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

i must admit., ive done a similar thing. the differnce though is i was in a dealer loaner car, (all the same model, color, paper style tags with the dealers name on it, and no distinguishing features what-so-ever) anyway, a statie pulled behind me and another driver with no lights on, then pulled next to me, turned them on, and motioned to the side of the road, he then raced to get ahead of the guy in front of me, did the same, and got in front of him to lead us over to the side of the road (we were doing around 65 in a 55) well, there was about 10-15 car lengths between the statie and me as we cleared a steep hill. i just slowed, and flipped a u-turn over the median and turned off the state route. smart, no, not getting a ticket in a company car and having to explain it to my boss, good.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:24 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up Good job!

Good job. If you can get away ,get away.
I did.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
it will be a while before he sits down in his T/A normally again.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

I was driving on the expressway driving over the posted speed limit considerably, and I seen a cop facing me on the shoulder. I stomped on the accelerator as I passed and took the first exit off, then jumped back on again going the other way. The only reason I kept going was because by the time the cop could turn around, I would have been way ahead of him. And if he did catch up to me by some miracle, I would have told him that was the exit I was supposed to take, etc.

This was 2 years ago.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

good job in ditchin the cop. his job is to catch you, your job is to not get caught.

if you live in another state you have nothing to worry about until you go back in that state(where the situation happened). different states may as well been different countries, you cant be persued for a driving infraction that happened in another state in your state unless you have a class A CDL liscence.