Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death by Viper-fly by!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Death by Viper-fly by!

I was cruising along the highway a little bit ago, coming up to an on ramp when I see a brand new Viper getting on. I'm doing about 80 and roll by him and give him a "thumbs up", and he doesn't even look over So I keep on criusing and after about a mile he has crept up on me and decides to rice by me. I was still doing 80, which is a dead spot for me, but still put the pedal down to see what would happen. He went right by me We got caught in traffic a bit and I got up next to him. He still wouldn't look over! Traffic cleared and we were doing 70, which works better for me and I figured since I was the underdog I punched it. He took the bait and up to 120 he was slowly gaining but didn't get by me before we had to let off. Either he was just messing with me or didn't want to abuse his baby!! I ended up getting off a couple of exits later and this time his girl waved as they went by. It was fun to finally mess around with a nice ride like that.

Last edited by '00_Z; 05-06-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

sounded like the guy was wuss. i actually saw 2 vipers today on my way to work. one was a 97 gts--blue and white, the other was an older rt10 red. wish i had the vette to give them a run. sweet rides
Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

doesnt surprise me that viper guy wouldnt look over, i had the same situation w/ this guy in srt10. i finally reved at him and took the bait. short story he put two buses on me by 100. never met a cool owner w/ viper...shock
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 2002/ws6
doesnt surprise me that viper guy wouldnt look over, i had the same situation w/ this guy in srt10. i finally reved at him and took the bait. short story he put two buses on me by 100. never met a cool owner w/ viper...shock
The North Texas chapter of the Viper Club of America (I believe) used to hold meetings every second-Sunday at Pappa's BBQ off Loop 12 and Northwest Highway... me and my friends would go there every month, and we met quite a few cool owners.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

I actually ran into 5 vipers the other day on my way home from work. 2 gts's 2 rt/10's and one srt/10 They must have been cruising to a meet, it was a beutiful sunday afternoon. I was just staring in awe for a good 7 miles until we hit the highway at which point they went west and I had to go east. Man i wish I would have taken the Z06 to work that day.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Guy sounds like a limp wristed wuss to me