Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

finally ran a c5

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007 | 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default finally ran a c5

Well I have ran a c5 before but they were all modded well tonight I ran into one with just catback and a k/n filter. We raced 3 times with pretty much the same out come. First race was from a light I pulled about a car on him through first he also jumped me out by like a fender or so but I quickly pulled it back in so from 0-about 75 he has a car back on me. He wasnt falling back or pulling me in he was right there. The 2nd race was from a 30-75 roll with me ahead by a 1/2 car I pulled that 1/2 car and again he was right there not pulling me nor falling behind. The 3rd race was from 45-95 with me a litle less then a 1/2 car ahead this time he seemed to be pulling on me but only as I went into 3rd gear at 80mph. So all in all I was happy with how my car performed tonight. His car was a 99 frc automatic with the 3.15 gear and all he had was catback and intake but he didnt know witch one.
Ive raced c5s before but never a basicly stock one they all headers or everything else besides heads and cam. So it was a good night for me If we would of went from that 45-95 roll and kept going I dont know the outcome but Im pretty positive he would of pulled me in just with the aerodynamics and I had my t tops off. So thankfully we didnt get into highspeeds.

sorry for the long post
be safe guys

quadd
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quadd2244
Well I have ran a c5 before but they were all modded well tonight I ran into one with just catback and a k/n filter. We raced 3 times with pretty much the same out come. First race was from a light I pulled about a car on him through first he also jumped me out by like a fender or so but I quickly pulled it back in so from 0-about 75 he has a car back on me. He wasnt falling back or pulling me in he was right there. The 2nd race was from a 30-75 roll with me ahead by a 1/2 car I pulled that 1/2 car and again he was right there not pulling me nor falling behind. The 3rd race was from 45-95 with me a litle less then a 1/2 car ahead this time he seemed to be pulling on me but only as I went into 3rd gear at 80mph. So all in all I was happy with how my car performed tonight. His car was a 99 frc automatic with the 3.15 gear and all he had was catback and intake but he didnt know witch one.
Ive raced c5s before but never a basicly stock one they all headers or everything else besides heads and cam. So it was a good night for me If we would of went from that 45-95 roll and kept going I dont know the outcome but Im pretty positive he would of pulled me in just with the aerodynamics and I had my t tops off. So thankfully we didnt get into highspeeds.

sorry for the long post
be safe guys

quadd
FRC only come in 6 speeds with 3:42 gears
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow well I did not know that I'm guessing that it was a frc I thought that was the removable top this one was not a hardtop for sure and also not a convertable. So I just assumed that it was a frc the top on it was glass. Sorry i'm not sure what options the vette has because I know you have painted removable top and I beleve a glass top this was a glass top I know that for sure sorry I guess I didnt know it was not a frc. I't was however a A4 with 3.15 gears
thank you for your input I learn something new everyday
Old 07-22-2007 | 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

You must have raced a coupe that had a glass top. Good races though