Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another bike thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Another bike thread.

Just got off work...around 8:30ish. Long day....stayed to work late on my car and try and figure out my driveability issues. Replaced 2 02 sensors...which, seems to have cleaned the car up in driving, and idle.

That said...I do my normal cruise home,...highway.... as I am getting on the highway, which is a LONG mrege lane, very wide. It take the right hand turn, in 2nd or low 3rd,...at around 70-90mph,..depending on your entry,..and go wot to whatever your capable of for a few seonds, before you actually make it to the highway. Which is multiple lanes in itself. Once on the highway, of course, at the right time(NO TRAFFIC).....you can blast.

I didn't know what was on the already on the highway coming behind me, so I played it cool, and didn't get too crazy.

What I saw, about an 1/8th mile ahead,...was two motorcycles. I could tell they where sport bikes. I stayed in 4th, came up on there far left hand side fast.... dropped it in 3rd gear, lol...possibly, nearly too high in my mind for that gear and a roll(hello, tire spin)...which was about 5000 rpm..... hopped it a couple of times....they both looked, I gooesed it,.... and the yellow bike crouched down and went WOT.

He faided back from the instant of the start of the race. It was pretty nasty. Popped off 4th right away....hit 5th....and was really far ahead. lol. I lifted......coasted for a bit... then, I see this thing STILL coming up directly behind me. He had plenty of lanes to choose from but,...I guess he felt like buzzing me. Which, he did. He must have passed me at a buck forty(140mph). And kept wot for a long time. At this moment, we where somewhat passing a car or two... and, I honestly didn't feel like giving chase through traffic, for some guy TRYING to prove a point on a bike(dunno what else he was attempting other then that). I kinda let him go. Never saw the second bike.

At that moment,...I was like... ****! WTF was it? 600? 750? wtf? I really wanted to know.

So,... I gave a mild chase, after he was about a 1/4 mile up. Caught up to him, cause he slowed down, in the far right lane. I came up fast, and slowed right next to him,...clutch in,...very stealthy, quiet like. I see his tale,.. it was a YELLOW, SUZUKI 600. Brand new bike,..nice. He looked over at me,...I was looking right at him....and I drove off. He didn't give chase, or bother me again. I kept my normal speed....and got off the highway shortly later.

Glad I know it was a 600. I wasn't surprised when I learned it was, judging by my pull. Maybe this weekend, i'll try and setup a race with a buddy and his R6, and another friend with his Suzuki 750. I've beaten an augusta MV 1000, and also a CBR 1000 new body style(some special addition, like baby blue and yellow or something. I posted about it a while back).

Anyways...needless to say, fun. As always.
Old 01-10-2008 | 05:03 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, now let's see how you do against a pro rider on a 600 Lol, sorry I had to

Nice kill. I cant wait until spring/summer for all the bikes to come out. I'll have my new clutch broken in, a new tune and new DR's, should be fun.
Old 01-10-2008 | 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Quik Z06

Nice kill. I cant wait until spring/summer for all the bikes to come out. I'll have my new clutch broken in, a new tune and new DR's, should be fun.
x2... i can't wait to get a video of my car spanking my bike... lol.... i just don't know yet which one i'm going to be driving
Old 01-10-2008 | 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quik Z06

Lol right? People just don't know. Anyways, looking forward to it myself. Gonna be fun.
Old 01-10-2008 | 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
x2... i can't wait to get a video of my car spanking my bike... lol.... i just don't know yet which one i'm going to be driving

Drive both.
Old 01-10-2008 | 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice, i cant wait till i can pull a bike. nice kills. and +1 for not chasing crazy in traffic