Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 Kills at Once

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Kills at Once

I was out cruising after washing the TA, and after driving through town a few times...absolutely no one out to race . So while I was on my way back home a V6 Camaro was next to me and I got thumbs up from the driver. Once the light turned green he gunned it so I thought, "Why not, it's pretty much the same thing as racing a Mustang GT, right?" Anyway, I totally destroyed him of course.

But then I see another Camaro pacing me. It was an Asian-American kid with another V6 Camaro but it sounded pretty mean for being a 6. So at the next light he pulled up next to me but wouldn't look at me. When the light changed he took off and I easily dusted him too. He followed me afterward and we talked. Pretty cool kid. He had an exhaust system and cold air induction, and he said his dream car is a WS6 like mine and told me he really dislikes all the ricers out there .

Even though I couldn't find any real quick cars tonight, it was fun getting two kills at two consecutive lights.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 2 Kills at Once

But then I see another Camaro pacing me. It was an Asian-American kid with another V6 Camaro but it sounded pretty mean for being a 6. So at the next light he pulled up next to me but wouldn't look at me. When the light changed he took off and I easily dusted him too. He followed me afterward and we talked. Pretty cool kid. He had an exhaust system and cold air induction, and he said his dream car is a WS6 like mine and told me he really dislikes all the ricers out there .
I had a 3.4 v6, and I used to feel the same way. With an exhaust and intake on mine, it definitely didn't sound too bad. It was SLOOOOOOOOOW though. I lost some races cleanly to 4bangers like n/a eclipses. After losing to my friend's 4 cylinder 626, I finally had it, and put the car up for sale

3 months later, sold it, and bought my LT1 now. Lets just say I can't even see my friend in the rearview anymore when we race
Old 08-08-2003, 08:27 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went out on the prowl for the first time in ages late last night also. NO PLAYERS TO BE FOUND!!!! But sure enough, when out with the wife in her Passat, I see rice, 'stangs, players galore.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the 3.8L V6 Firebird before I got the SS. It never had a problem dusting ricers. I even took a couple of 4.6L stangs in it. It wasn't too fast though but pretty good for a V6. I had intake and Flowmaster exhaust on it. The SS on the other hand hasn't had too much trouble with anything as of yet. I'm glad I finally got the V8 instead of the 6 banger. Even though it sucked every dime out of my pocket to get it. Grats on the kills.