Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Maxed Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxed Out

I was coming home from the airport with my wife the other day. We get off the interstate to get a bite to eat and get on this 4 lane. No sooner than I start looking for a place to eat, than I hear this major fart coming up behind me. Next thing I know a CRX with a large limp noodle hanging sideways out the back comes flying by. Unfortunately, he gets stopped by the upcoming redlight. I grin ignoring the fact that I'm in my wife's 97 Maxima with luggage in the back and 220k on the clock. This numbskull kid looks over, revs and instigates. I smile and stage the maxi a bit. Light turns green and I floor it with my wife mumbling something I immediately put 3 cars on him and let off only to witness a pathetic smoking flyby. It must have been a plainjane DX the guy thought was fast just by adding a tin can. I followed him unfortunately for the next mile and got smoked out as he just happened to be going the same way I was. He tried to speed away and of course the damage had been done so I happily let him and went on to grab a bite to eat. Ok yea I'm desperate for a real race. Thanks for reading.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yea no surprise, ive smoked a riced integra in my 2003 v6 chevy tracker good kill
Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heh I was out to dinner with some of the Girlfriend's friends a couple years ago. One of the guys there finds out I like cars. He proceeds to tell me about his engine swapped CRX and all the goodies he's added to it. So we leave and I end up on the entrance ramp behind him. Sure enough I can hear the almighty roar of his engine. So I oblige him and get into the gas. He pulled a good 5-6 car lengths on me by the end of the ramp.

To bad for him I was in my 100k mile '94 Bonneville SE at the time.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea got to watch out for those bonnevilles. torquey lil 3.8 surprises a lot of ricers I'm sure even in that boat