Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

playing with a Termi-

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default playing with a Termi-

Well I was rolling down 52/85 coming back to Charlotte from Winston the other night, just minding my own. When my lights caught the infamous COBRA stainless letters on the back of a red Termi...yey.

I've been wanting to get at one of these for a while now...so I roll by looking over just seeing if he's interested. See the driver give me a thumbs up and then BOOM out of no where he takes off. Now that's not racing etiquette is it? So, I speed up to catch him. By the time I make my way back up we're in a decent amount of traffic. So we have some fun and weave a bit until we're out in front.

From the original take off I swear it sounded like a pullied car for sure, ATLEAST a exhaust cause that sucker was loud and sounded great. So we slow up to about 60, he jumps a few times, calms down, honks and he jumped a car instantly.

Now here's the wierd thing...after the initial jump, from 60-120ish, I realed him back in half of that car. Apparently he was not pullied. Because rumors are that if a Termi is pullied/tuned/exhaust they're makin somewhere in the ballpark of 450-500. So I'm assuming it was just an exhaust car. Granted I know I'm lighter because I ditched a BUNCH of stuff when I did the swap, but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Either that or he sucks at driving.

Well...to make sure. We went at it again. SAME THING! I was THOROUGHLY impressed with my baby afterwards that's for sure. After that we rolled side by side for a few miles until we waved and he got off somewhere after Lexington.

I'm not going to lie, that was the fastest I've ever made it back to Charlotte from Winston haha!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Who knows, good kill. I'll let the other guys dissect it.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Jay.

Sounds like a stock pullied car to me. Either way good kill.

CAI, Tune and 'partial' (lol) exhaust, would be jsut north of 400RWHP for hte most part. Depending on how much you weigh, that's probably what he had. His weight would have been roughly 3900 depending on his weight and how 'wet' the car was. So, if you're roughly 3200-3400, I can see the advantage going your way on teh street.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Its street racing stranger things have happened. Sounds like you both had fun and thats all that matters.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:25 PM

Good runs! That's an awesome build you have there! Any future plans for more hp?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks fellas. I know I lost, but the main point was the rush and that my car didn't fare too bad. Like I said I was impressed.

As far as more HP...for now, next year or so, a shot of gas MAYBE a bigger cam. Since it's easily done. Further than that, honestly, either I'm going to S/C it, or I'm going to start building a H/C LS1 and slap a maggie on there with some custom fab to the car to fit it. I want positive displacement supercharger! I want the whine...we shall see though. All depends on the budget. haha.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

lol its hard to imagine my car next to yours