Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

building an invincible monster!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building an invincible monster!!!

hey fellas,
Okay... I've decided that I want to "prepare" my car first so She will be able to handle any mod I can throw at Her. What do I need to strengthen my entire car as far as engine components, suspension (I want one that is strong and forgiving), a rear end (of course) and/or anything else you can think of. Mainly as preventive maintanence so the mods that will go on in the future will not cause a problem for any of the existing components. (dont get the wrong Idea please, I treat my car beter than anything, I'm not doing this so I can drive Her into the ground abusively, I just dont want to see her hurting later on because she wasnt built to withstand the power she will eventually have, granted I get to do everything I'm hoping).

thanks guys.
-JOSH
Old 09-14-2003, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: building an invincible monster!!!

Wow. That is a tall order.

Okay... I've decided that I want to "prepare" my car first so She will be able to handle any mod I can throw at Her. What do I need to strengthen my entire car as far as engine components, suspension (I want one that is strong and forgiving), a rear end (of course) and/or anything else you can think of.
What are you planning? An MTI 427 (or anyone elses for that matter) on nitrous? A mild bolt on car? Heads and a cam? THere will be a big difference in the required upgrades for any of these options.

I just dont want to see her hurting later on because she wasnt built to withstand the power she will eventually have, granted I get to do everything I'm hoping).

Any info on the planned mods will help everyone give better advice.

However, you can't go wrong with a good set of subframe connectors (there have been about 4,000 posts on subframe connectors, try searching). I like the SLP style and feel that they should be welded in to see the most benefit (my thoughts). A strut tower brace is a cheap mod that will help stiffen the front of the car. I'm not going to say it will be the miracle cure for lap times or ET's, but it makes the car more solid, dosen't weigh much, dosen't cost much and helps reduce rattles and squeaks.

Those are the basics....after that, tell us what you want to do?

Kevin

Quick Reply: building an invincible monster!!!