Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension mods

i have a 01 ws6 and want to know what mods to improve drag racing ...
Old 10-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Launching!

hey bro im fairly new to ls1's also but i had an 03 stang that i drag raced...i'd get a adj tq arm, adj panhard bar, comp engineering shocks, qa1 struts, eibach drag launch springsfor the rear and qa1 springs for the front, lower control arms, lca relocation kit, and 315 tires!!! lol that should make a huge difference! maybe a k member if you have spare money to lower some weight from the front but apperently the k member doesnt lower that much weight on an f body compared to a mustang. mustang looses like 28lbs and if you do a full kit with a arms and all up to 48lb loss on ls1's i hear not as much
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

subframe connectors
Old 10-25-2008, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

SFC's/LCA's with relocation brackets/Adjustable shocks and spring combo/a good rearend with an appropriate adjustable TA/ wheel and tire combo.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Generally the places to start on with LCA's, brackets, and a TA. We have all those parts individually (as well as the SFC's and such too). But we have some "Traction Packages" available with different parts built in for a discount price vs. the parts individually.

Traction Packages can be found near the bottom of the page and listed as TP1-4:
http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=90&ModelID=7

Control Arms + brackets can been seen here: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=96&ModelID=7

TA's + brackets can be found here: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...=106&ModelID=7

I'm not saying you need to get a whole package, just that most who drag race do end up with all those parts in some variation eventually and it's cheaper to buy a TP setup.

Basically all three things, the LCA's, LCA relocation brackets and TA help wheelhop. The brackets and TA can plant the rear tires harder.

If you do a lot of drag racing you would be wise to run SFC's and maybe even a STB. Again, those are available separately, or as slighly discounted packages (called CSP for Chassis Stiffening Package).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah basically everything Sam siad would be what you should look for.

Quick Reply: suspension mods