Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Hey John I appreciate the referral.

It's always nice when someone else with experiences on different setups can add some light to the differences.

If you read John's post carefully you'll see he's basically confirmed what I'm always trying to tell people. The shock damping matters, in fact it matters more than springs that are in an around similar rates. And he's gotten to see how the Bilstein's work relative to the Koni's with the very same springs on the car (the Hotchkis) so he knows what the springs are responsible for and what the shocks are responsible for.

You'll notice he didn't hate the other springs, but prefers mine and finds them more predictable, which was one of the things I was after with my rates, aside form the lighter weight.

I think that the post you see above might be one of the most to the point, and well-stated posts I've seen regarding these matters in quite a while.

The only thing I'd mention is that I'm not sure everyone would think the car rides better than stock. It's firmer than stock for, but also less harsh than with stock shocks. The tradeoff of more firm for less harsh does make most folks feel the car is actually a better ride, even though it's not softer.

sam do you have the strano springs back in stock?? Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

The are ordered and being built. Hoping to have my springs back in stock around early December. 100 sets coming, but of those about 30 are already spoken for and backordered....
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

thank you for the update!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Sure thing. I appreciate the patience, and I'm doing my best to make sure no more delays like this happen again.

But, as I said they are coming!
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Pro-kit front springs, Sam's rear springs and just recently installed KONI 4/3s. I had Bilsteins and the car handled well and the ride was OK. But I wanted more. I do not autocross, road race, or even drag race. I just wanted the best.
I would say go with Stranos springs (because of the pro-kits rear sag) and Bilstein shocks, if Sam is stilling selling the revalves.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure but I think Sam stopped selling the revalves. I think he said they would just cost too much to make sense now... wait for him to comment though. I'd still go Koni's though just to dial it in how YOU want it.

Quick Reply: Springs???