Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

purchasing dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default purchasing dilemma

I've got a bit of a dilemma right now. I've got about $1500 allocated to put into my car right now (some dilemma, huh?). Anyways, I'm kinda tossed up on what to do with it. I am primarily looking for improved overall handling right now. Minimize chassis flex and body roll through corners, and

I can get 18x9.5 Z06 polished wheels AND 275/35ZR18 tires for a little over $1500 (including shipping).
I can get 17x9.5 front 17x11 ZR1 wheels with 275/45ZR17 & 315/35ZR17 tires for about $1400.
I can get swaybars and springs, strut tower brace, subframe connectors, and bilstein HD performance shocks for about $1400 (through LG Motorsports with Sept discount, availability of springs may be a problem though.)

I'm leaning towards the suspension components right now because I'm pretty sure they'll have the most significant impact on the handling of my car. I can do wheels & tires next spring (and fork out the cash for some quality tires as well), but there is a certain appeal to just having some big meats on the corners as well. Comments? Opinions? Flames? Lay 'em out there for me.