Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I'm not going to bash other companies products. Their line configuration appears to be a copy based on our front mount setup. That is where any similarities end. Based on my discussion, each can make their own determination of what suits them best.
is yours easy to install? and what is the difference of the front/top mounts? im very interested id like to get one of these
Old 12-07-2008, 02:42 AM
11 Second Club

get the top mount.....I got the front mount just because, suppose to be a stealth install, to be honest anybody will notice it. Brake lines going to fuse boxes lol..... The only hard part about installing the front mount is getting the screws drilled in, I dont have a compact drill so it was a major PITA. Just go with the SJM Top Mount.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's an image of the front mount kit as mentioned above. It is a bit more difficult to install due to the solenoid location. (as described by the previous poster). It is more stealth looking since the solenoid isn't out in the open.

The top mount kit locates the line lock solenoid on top of the fender (on the horizontal surface right above where the solenoid is pictured). This places it out in the open making it very obvious you've made modifications to your engine bay. It is easier to install due to the line lock solenoid location.

Both kits are available as choices to the end user, prices are the same.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the SJM line lock kit. It's a very nice kit that comes with eveything you need. The line lock helps you do a consistent, controled burnout.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

I got my master switch from Advance for $6-7 I think, the momentary switch came with the Hurst kit. My wife drives the car sometimes so I decided to wire in a master switch. The master switch has a led to let me know it's armed and ready then the big red light comes on when I engage the momentary switch. I put the momentary switch on shifter just cause it was the most comfortable place to put it for me.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

SJM, does this kit come with the momentary and master switches everyone is talking about?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
SJM, does this kit come with the momentary and master switches everyone is talking about?
Every kit of ours include this type of circuit. Switch the master switch, the remote mount LED iluminates to let you know the circuit is live.

I don't believe any other line lock kit is designed as ours.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got the SLP and it works great, makes burnouts much easier and holding the car steady on the line.