Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help on choosing torque arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help on choosing torque arms

OK.. I need help choosing between BMR track pak torque arm.. or the one from Spohn Performance... There is only a lil difference in price, but which one is a better torque arm? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-03-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Need Help on choosing torque arms

I think the Spohn is better. There have been several complainta lately about BMrs stuff. The track-pak causes quite a loss in ground clearance too. What do you do with the car, drag or autoX or street? You have to way your options, as far as the type you really need. For severe drag racing usage, you probably need an adjustable torque arm that removes the forward mount from the tailshaft to a crossmember that attaches to the chassis. If you only race occasionally or autoX you could just use an adjustable unit that uses the factory forward mounting position. The LG torque arm is really good and it uses the tailshaft of the trans for a mounting position. Many of the torque arms that have the crossmember mounting cause ground clearance losses. Thing are all things you should take into consideration. Also remember, by switching to a performance torque arm you WILL gain much more vibration and noise over the factory arm. Get the other suspension mods too. I have BMrs tubular subframe connectors and they are very nice, lightweight and look great. As far as suspension mods go: you have to decide what USE the car is going to be intended for: drag, street, autoX.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Well, i was gonna go with the Spohn because, I do take my car to the track quite a bit, well usta. And I don't mind the road nose @ all. I also have SFC's and LCa's and a Adj. panhard rod too. So... I think i have a nice lil set-up going... the thing i am lacking would be the torque arm.. So, now i figured it was time to break down and buy one. But I am wanting one that mounts somewhere other than the tailshaft, SO that's why i was thinking spohn or BMR, i know one other company makes a torque arm that mounts like near the real axel. But yeah, I'll ask around some more, thanks for the input.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

MADMAN has the best torque arm but last I heard from them was that it was designed for use with true dual exhaust not a y-pipe set-up.

Quick Reply: Need Help on choosing torque arms