Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with drag setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help with drag setup

So I have a 100% stock suspension on my 99Z28. I really love drag racing and could really care less about corner carving or even a good ride for that matter. I have read some other posts about what suspension mods are good for drag racing. I saw a few posts where most fast guys are just running stock rear springs with the isolators removed and some heater hose on the spring to keep the springs from rattling. What is the point of removing the isolators on the rear springs?

Also what is a good rear shock to run with the stock springs and heater hose mod that I mentioned above?

Is there a good spring/shock setup to run on the front for drag racing or is a stock spring good once again like on the rears?

One final question is what about lower control arms and relocation brackets? I see posts about them all the time, what is a good setup to run for pure drag racing? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, If you remove the isolator from the rear spring it lowers the car around 3/4". Afco, QA1, or Strange single or double adjustable are the shocks to run in the front or rear. Choosing a single or douuble adjustable shock will depend alot on your budget and the plans that you have for the car. If you go with one of the above mentioned shocks they are a coilover shock in the front. We offer a spring cup that allows you to retain your factory springs on one of these shocks. If you are using an aftermarket rearend go with the weld on relocation brackets. They will also work on a stock rear. If your car is a track only or a limited street use car rod ended adjustable arms will give you the best performance. Poly bushings have a little deflection in them and the rod end don't. We also offer a poly/rod combo lca which is good for the street/strip car. If you have any questions please give me a call. I will post a link to our site.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
Attached Thumbnails help with drag setup-mca001.jpg   help with drag setup-tca004hsmall.jpg   help with drag setup-mca002.jpg   help with drag setup-cab001-small.jpg   help with drag setup-cab2-thumb.gif  

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 01-16-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

being that you are an a4 car, weight transfer is gonna be the big thing here. your front shocks are as important as the rear. the hose mod is simply for lowering the car a bit without purchasing another spring, and the stock ones will be fine. for your purposes, the Strange single adjustable shocks on all four corners will be a great setup. they are a proven component and are very street worthy.
the rear lca relocators will benefit you in a slightly better suspension geometry, especially if you do the hose mod. the relocators will aid the rear suspension to bite on launch, and have a couple sets of holes to choose from as well as the stock ones if need be.
next on the list would be a better torque arm. the shorter arm in a a4 car is usually the way to go, and also aids in traction.
pm me for a quote with the best deal on all the parts you will need to make the suspension work.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Idea for Drad Racing Suspension!

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
s?
One final question is what about lower control arms and relocation brackets? I see posts about them all the time, what is a good setup to run for pure drag racing? Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I have a few comments on your suspension question. If it is going to be a total all the time drag racing car! I would recommend a Tubular adjustable LCA Part #2017 with spherical rod ends. So if you are running a bigger tire you get a little more adjustment that way! But depending on what rear end you are going to be running, I would also recommend the weld-in Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets to be able to handle the aggressive launches and will help increase your 60ft times.

A few other items I would suggest would be! A Double Adjustable Panhard Bar and a Tunnel Brace Adjustable Torque Arm. These are just a few ideas to help you get in the right direction!

Thanks Again
Brad

Quick Reply: help with drag setup