Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach pro-kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eibach pro-kit?

I have a 2000ss and it has all stock suspension and im not gonna be road racing or any thing but i want it lowered about 1 inch or 1.5 just to make it a look better and fill in the wheel wells i have seen many cars with the pro-kit but one guy told me that after a while the back starts to sag a little bit but i am really looking at buying it so if anybody has any likes or dislikes or any other setups please post, thanks alot
Old 10-08-2003, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Eibach pro-kit?

I have it in my 98 TA. Make sure you replace the shocks at the same time and you won't get sag.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Eibach pro-kit?

Plan on dropping at least 1.5" with the prokit springs - on my 2000SS it was more like 1-5/8" all the way around.

I've heard the sagging issues too with the prokits, but my rears were fine for the 3 or so years I had them. Coupled with a good shock these are a nice spring for a street-driven car IMO. If, however, you plan on doing much beyond that, you will probably find that the springs are somewhat on the soft side. Especially the rears which are notorious for bottoming out. I ended up replacing my rears with Hypercoils and that has been a big improvement - drop was virtually identical to the prokit springs (in the rear anyway).