Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Refresh??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension Refresh??

I've got a 00 T/A with 80K miles. Subframes, Bilsteins, most of the other rear bolt on susp. pieces. The ride is pretty tight. What should be replaced to regain the "new car" feel?? Nothing is "worn out." But everything is 9 years old with a few miles. Know what I mean??

(Not to be a jerk, but I'm asking this question to people with real suspension knowledge. I know the common answers: Lower ball joints, bushings, etc. I'm just looking for some real world experienced answers.)

Thanx!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

well some areas to look at would be the bushings, shocks and springs. At 80k your bushings probably starting to crack and break down and not becoming supportive as they once were. energy suspension makes a kit that has most of what you would need, some you'll have to order separately. The only thing is that they are polyurethane, they wont break down like the rubber one but they transfer vibrations more.
if your on stock springs or any springs at high mileage they will sag and will not perform like they would if they were new cause the spring rates have changed.

Last edited by TransAmdriv3r; 02-13-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you want your car to ride like a farm truck run poly. poly in place of the front end bushings sucks. ive had them i ended up putting rubber bushings back in. after awhile the poly front control arm bushings cold flow. but with 80k on the clock id put new bushings, tie rods and ball joints. i had alot of play in my tie rods at or around 40k on my 94 and 98. and the ball joints had aton of play not too much later. you might not think nothing is worn out but looking for the new car feel. replace it all. my frineds 97 SS rides like junk compaired to my cars and his has 90k on the clock.

Quick Reply: Suspension Refresh??