Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ebc brake noises

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebc brake noises

I, have replaced all four rotors and pads on my ws6 with ebc green stuff pads and thier rotors. I have used the green stuff pads before and they worked great. My problem is not a typical break squeal, or a high pitched noise. those are all normal. The problem lies in the rotors, they are slotted and dimpled, the car makes a "tat tat tat" sound that is only audiable when I am near a wall and the sound can bounce back. When I hit the brakes the sound gets much louder. Nothing it hitting or rubbing where it souldn't be. Ebc said it would go away but it has not. With the original warped rotors back on there is no noise just a nasty vibration.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Default Re: ebc brake noises

Mine did that too, its the slots believe.
Check that, mine did that until they warped less than
a year later and I had to replace them...
Old 05-11-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

My EBC rotors make that same sound. I have had them for quite some time now and they still make the same sound. Most recently the pads have started to make a high pitche squeeling sound. The rear rotors have also warped, so I guess I'll have to replace those.
Does anyone make a decent brake rotor for these cars? They ALL warp...well, they all eventually cause that pulsating feel. Warped or whatever.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had great luck with Brembo OEM's. I run them with full race pads, The pads eat the rotors (these pads eat any rotors, not their fault) and even after seeing temps over 1000 (maybe over 1250) degrees, they never warped. They now make rears as well.

Also, don't park the car with the brakes super hot, the uneven cooling from the caliper being on one part of the rotor can help them to warp. Try to cool the brakes for the last mile or so before parking.