Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best suspension?

im looking to mode my suspension before i put any power modes on what is the best all around out there?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You're going to hear different things from different people. Ill just start off by asking what you're going to be doing with the car?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I agree... Might as be asking what the best TV show is at this point.

Parts are used to fix or deal with certain issues. What parts depends on what you want/expect from the car. I'm more into turning, stability and driving fast than drag suspensions, though I can do that too. YMMV.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drag racing/street racing/daily driver. Answer that and we can at least start making some basic assumptions about what to tell you.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

^^^ I'm with these guys. Nothing is "the best". You might find a higher preferred setup over others geared toward your driving application. Please specify what you plan to do with the car.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

i plain to rebuild the whole motor bottom up. i will mostly be drag but i like those turns alot.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A few ideas for you!

Originally Posted by SIDEWAYSDAZED
i plain to rebuild the whole motor bottom up. i will mostly be drag but i like those turns alot.
Hello,
I see that you are interested in some suspension upgrades! I just wanted to leave you know that we have a lot to offer in aftermarket suspension modifications. What I would recommend seeing how your car is going to see a lot of track time is get the torque arm off the trans and get sub frame connectors and lower control arm relocation brackets. There is just a few problem solvers...... If you have any other question feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help. Below I will have a link to show you what we have to offer.
http://www.umiperformance.com/index.php
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well if drag is your main focus then a good adjustable torque arm, possibly a torque arm relocation crossmember (depending on your power) so you can get the mount off the tranny. A good set of adjustable rear shocks, I suggest the Strange single or double adj. Lower control arms, poly rod combo. That should get the car going pretty well untill you decide to start getting into the front end or an aftermarket rear end.

Also this info is based on all of our customers feedback and performance at the strip. And seeing that they have some of the fastest stock suspension cars in the country, we know what we're doing. As far as setting the car up, driveline angles and shock settings, you could give Lee a call. 813.986.9302 We're both here till 6PM Eastern time

Here is a link to get a look at some of the parts.
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

i'd do shocks/panhard bar/adjustable lca's(with at least 1 rod end) first. that'll help launching a bit and handling a lot. torque arm if you're going to do a lot of drag and make a lot of power. lca relocation brackets are optional but they helped me a ton after i lowered my car. and also if you're lowering yours make sure to get good shocks that are appropriate for whichever spings.

Quick Reply: best suspension?