Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick Question regarding LCA Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question regarding LCA Relocation Brackets

My car already has the brackets installed on the car but has the stock trailing arms/Control ARMS. Well I wanted to put them in the lower setting because they are in the stock position. I unbolted the trailing arm but the holes will not line up. Is there a tip I dont know about? Maybe the previous owner had adjustable trailing arms???
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Are the holes about a 1/16th of an inch off or so? When I installed my LCA's the holes did not like up perfectly, so I had to have a buddy pry on them with a screwdriver till the holes lined up and I could get the bolt through.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sgt Drags
Are the holes about a 1/16th of an inch off or so? When I installed my LCA's the holes did not like up perfectly, so I had to have a buddy pry on them with a screwdriver till the holes lined up and I could get the bolt through.
Thanks for the info. Mine were off about an inch or so. I figured it out and got them lined up. I wasn't square with my jack on the differential which made it uneven. I also was jacked up too much which was a double whammy. Once I squared the jack up it was fairly easy to finish.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Hello

Hello
Here is a idea what you could do is put the car in the air on jack stands on the uni body (area by the front of the control arms) and allow the rear to unload and set a jack under the rear end and put enough pressure on the rear with the jack to allow you to unbolt the control arms from the brackets. And Then get you adjustment there using the jack putting pressure back on the rear allowing it to roll and you should be able to get your adjustment that way. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Are they bolt in or welded?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Quick Question regarding LCA Relocation Brackets