Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

good lowering kits...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good lowering kits...

hello. i have a 2000 camaro ss, bone stock. im new to these f-bodys, so i was wondering what would you guys recommend getting in terms of lowering kits. what else will i need? and how low do you guys recommend for a nice look and feel? Thanks for any replies.

ps. im kind of a newb so please feel free to flame

edit: its a convertible
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have hotchkis on my car, they advertise a 1" drop but its about 1.3" all the way around. i would have gotten strano but i got the springs/shocks/phb all from a guy on the boards for a great deal.

stranos are about 1.5" and are known to be the best for our cars. hotchkis from what i understand are very similar to stranos

just keep in mind that shocks are far more important than springs. i happen to have the best shocks for our cars and let me tell you im glad i have them.

Last edited by twitchtwice; 02-25-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i happen to have the best springs for our cars and let me tell you im glad i have them.
I think he meant shocks.

+1
to do it right you need shocks/struts and koni is the way to go
Old 02-25-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

i say just flatten your tires it will drop ya around an inch and a half, but if your not into that then strano is prolly the best, just stay away from any of the cheaper kits cuz you do get what you pay for and as long as you do that you should be fine
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by twelver12
i say just flatten your tires it will drop ya around an inch and a half
seriously?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Actually looking to lower mine soon as well, interested in this thread. ive heard that eibach pro does well for our cars. opinions on that?
What's actually the lowest you can go without major modifications that you guys have seen?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Hotchkis/Koni's. I was planning on Strano's but they were sold out at the time. I love the ride height and ride quality. Try not to go cheap on the shocks, the Koni's are very expensive but the ride they delivery is awesome for an F-Body.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

I got the eibach pro kitand i am really happy with it.. and im saving up for some koni or bilstein shocks
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Strano springs are not 1.5", but 1.2, approximately. Strano Performance also sells other springs, such as Hotchkis and Eibach as well (lest anyone think I'm a one trick pony).

I built my springs to fix the issues I thought some others had. Doesn't mean everything else is junk (but some really are). I just wanted what I wanted which was more consistent height, build quality, lighter weight and the rates I felt were best after a lot of time trying and testing things.

As always I'd be happy to discuss the differences between springs with folks by phone. Yes, my springs are often out of stock--but that's only because they've become so popular (beyond my expectations, happily). A batch is due in about 4 weeks.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Ive got the Strano and Koni set up. It is freakin amazing!
Plus Sam is a great dude to work with... The customer service from Strano Performance + the awesome set up (Strano/Koni) make that the ONLY way to go in my book...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

how low you wanna go really just depends on personal prefference and where you live, im here outside of indianapolis and our roads absolutely suck right now after on the back side of winter (and never are really that great anyways) and i drive over speed bumps every day which claimed the exhaust on my previous car which was lowered. my ws6 is at stock height now but after its not driven daily anymore its gettin dropped a bit