Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Slp ss

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default Slp ss

I have a 98 SS that I purchased new. I did not order the Level II suspension at the time. After talking to a SLP Rep at the time I was told the car would ride very rough with a Level II and it (Level II) was intended more for the track. So does anybody know if the shocks on a stock SS were Bilstein without the upgraded springs, or the same as what GM put on the Z28? I guess I could call SLP and give them my VIN to see if they have the answer. The shocks are orange and not yellow like Bilsteins.
Old 03-01-2009 | 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F55C6
I have a 98 SS that I purchased new. I did not order the Level II suspension at the time. After talking to a SLP Rep at the time I was told the car would ride very rough with a Level II and it (Level II) was intended more for the track. So does anybody know if the shocks on a stock SS were Bilstein without the upgraded springs, or the same as what GM put on the Z28? I guess I could call SLP and give them my VIN to see if they have the answer. The shocks are orange and not yellow like Bilsteins.
If the shocks are orange they are the decarbons.
Old 03-01-2009 | 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah the only way to get bilstiens was with Level II.
Old 03-01-2009 | 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Default Maybe its about time

I was just looking at the SLP price sheet for the available SLP options when I ordered my car and the "Level II Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension consist of specially valved front and rear Bilstein shocks, progressive rate springs, recommended for enthusiasts who demand the ultimate in handling without sacrificing ride quality." This option listed for $999.00 in 1998. I guess its about time to upgrade. I'm sure its a lot cheaper now.

Last edited by F55C6; 03-01-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 03-01-2009 | 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F55C6
I was just looking at the SLP price sheet for the available SLP options when I ordered my car and the "Level II Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension consist of specially valved front and rear Bilstein shocks, progressive rate springs, recommended for enthusiasts who demand the ultimate in handling without sacrificing ride quality." This option listed for $999.00 in 1998. I guess its about time to upgrade. I'm sure its a lot cheaper now.
Don't bother with that package, there are others out there that are much better(see sig) just do a search for "handling."

Quick Reply: Slp ss