Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

first brake upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default first brake upgrade?

Just learned from an earlier post that my brake calipers have spread.So, I need new ones.I've got a brand new set of Hawks pads that I'd like to use but could waste them if I can't.Is there a bolt on replacement upgrade that won't cost an arm an a leg.The stock replacement from carquest are 35$ apiece.
thanks Lee
Old 03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lee33lyn
Just learned from an earlier post that my brake calipers have spread.So, I need new ones.I've got a brand new set of Hawks pads that I'd like to use but could waste them if I can't.Is there a bolt on replacement upgrade that won't cost an arm an a leg.The stock replacement from carquest are 35$ apiece.
thanks Lee
you mean they seized and you can push the piston down? If your looking for the stock caliper $35 seems cheap, I know when that happened to me I did a core exchange through Autozone and it wasn't very much as long as you give them your old caliper
Old 03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

my brake calipers (especially the driver's side)have spread apart and are not pushing evenly on the pads leaving only a 1" contact point on the rotor.my other post was called "hawks pads bedding problem".
Old 03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just replace it with a stock one as Chase said.