Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shocks

i have an 01 sixer and im lookin to buy new shocks and springs. ive already decided on getting the eibach prokit, but im not sure what kind of shocks would go good with them. im currently looking at slp's bilstein hd's and kyb agx's. what do you guys think?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do not get the Eibachs. If you do anyway get the LT springs as they have better rates. There are better riding and handling springs out there. If search is working just take a look around.

For shocks Koni 4/4 or 4/3 single adjustables are the best for a streetcar. KYB gas adjust will also work with lowering springs.

The Bilstein's aren't really a great match with springs but if you decide on them get them revalved from Sam Strano. In fact, just call Sam and discuss it all with him
Old 04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The eibach's Pro Kit are OK for street use and yes, they can be used with the stock shocks. it's not the best but it's a lot better than the Sportlines. They are way too low. For street/track/autocross combination, Strano sells some great springs and Koni's too.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

thanks, but koni's are way to expensive for me. i was looking at the agx's and bilsteins as they are right in my price range. my dad recommended that i get monroe gas-matic shocks but i have never heard of them before..are they like replacement shocks?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I needed a good laugh.. Monroe gas-matics... Rich.

AGX's or Strano Spec Bilstein's are your two best choices with V-6 spec Pro-kits (and I carry all three items).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I needed a good laugh.. Monroe gas-matics... Rich.

AGX's or Strano Spec Bilstein's are your two best choices with V-6 spec Pro-kits (and I carry all three items).
Cool, it was nice to hear from Mr. Strano himself. thanks

Quick Reply: shocks