Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

master ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default master ????

was wondering if anybody knows the fitting size on the master cylinder, i plan on running new steel tubing and braided lines but cant seem to figure out the fitting size this is for 2000 SS
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need fittings, give us a call, we can supply you with any OEM style for a variety of ID tubing sizes. We can supply you with the braided line kits as well. Do not add braided lines in place of any hard lines. Only replace braided lines for rubber lines.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

wrong section. post in clutches section
Old 04-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
If you need fittings, give us a call, we can supply you with any OEM style for a variety of ID tubing sizes. We can supply you with the braided line kits as well. Do not add braided lines in place of any hard lines. Only replace braided lines for rubber lines.
well i have a problem cause my car doesnt have any steel line were the brake mastercylinder goes cause the abs was ripped of so i am goin to buy the manuel brake cylinder from madmanco and just put some -3an steel braided hoses from the cylinder to the calipers or is that a bad idea?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't consider replacing hard lines for braided lines to any hydraulic system. You will decrease efficiency. The brakes will have a more spongy feeling due to line expansion. General rule of thumb: replacing braided for old rubber lines is good, but not substituting braided over steel.

We do have an ABS delete kit for a manual brake system if you're interested. It allows you to completely remove the ABS controller and ABS bracket (something that you won't be using if you switch to manual brakes).

...That wouldn't address the braided lines for the calipers and rear-end, but would take care of everything under the hood. The braided caliper and rear-end line kits we have available as previously indicated.

Quick Reply: master ????