Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS delete progress (hidden LL/prop. valve)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS delete progress (hidden LL/prop. valve)

Got some work done on the ABS delete/linelock/proportioning valve. Not quite done yet, and these lines might not be final. Probably going to do a little tweeking on both, but you get the idea. Let me know what you think.

What you will see of the brake lines from the front of the car

Line lock isn't mounted yet, but....

Prop. valve routing...

Rear lines T'd together. Still need to make the line that goes from the LL to the front brake T.

Front brakes T'd together. I'm probably going to re-do these too, but not sure what I want to do with them yet..

What a pain in the *** lol.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice job, and great idea. I recently did the abs delete/LL, and am very happy with it - but definetly like the hidden idea better. Great work man!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

lots of work for that...I'm just going to go with the SJM ABS delete and line lock prop. valve.

segwaying into that, how much does the prop valve help? if any? my left drivers side locks up before my right side.

but braking is fine.

Chad
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
lots of work for that...I'm just going to go with the SJM ABS delete and line lock prop. valve.

segwaying into that, how much does the prop valve help? if any? my left drivers side locks up before my right side.

but braking is fine.

Chad
left and right should work the same. you need to pull off your calipers and see what the problem is. if you dont see anything messed up regrease the sliders and see if that helps.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man thats pretty damn hidden! makes me wanna delete my ABS and do the same thing as you! very nice
Old 04-23-2009, 12:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I posted my other comments to another self-installer...it's nice to see interpretations of installs. Mounting those components as well as the ability to adjust the proportioning valve will be a challenge. With an engine in the bay...it would be very frustrating to say the least. I’ve had folks on occasion to mount the components hidden as such but it makes a rather simple install into a difficult task. Great job overall.
As discussed, there's nothing that replaces the sense of self accomplishment. For the folks who wish to attempt to build their own configuration, we can offer you separate components to build your design. Soxxpuppet, if you need components, let me know what you'd want/need.

Personally, using AN fittings wouldn't be my first choice, but it does get the job done. Industry standard for fluid braking systems are double or bubble flare, not AN. Even the fittings on the master cylinder, instead of using adapter fittings, we can supply to folks the OEM style fittings. Doing so will leave a much cleaner simple setup with less component leaks/failures.

From a cost and time perspective, building your own kit probably not the best solution. For folks who are looking for a custom fit complete kit, we have the solution for you.

Top View:

Isometric View:

Components:

Quick Reply: ABS delete progress (hidden LL/prop. valve)