LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/)
-   -   Installed LCA relocation brackets, not centered (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1111252-installed-lca-relocation-brackets-not-centered.html)

98Camarod 05-03-2009 04:47 PM

Installed LCA relocation brackets, not centered

I installed them with the suspension loaded, and have the LCA's on the lowest holes. The measurements are as follows:

Drivers side:
-front of tire is 2 1/4"
-rear of tire is 1 1/4"

Passengers side:
-front of tire is 2 3/8"
-rear of tire is 1 1/8"

The wheels weren't centered before, but now its worse. I've got 28" tires on the way, that's going to pose a problem with the wheels not centered. How do I eliminate this problem?

ybaslo1 05-03-2009 05:34 PM

ADJ. LCA's

Sommer86 05-03-2009 05:36 PM

^^^ done and done!

98Camarod 05-03-2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ybaslo1 (Post 11536062)
ADJ. LCA's

That's what I was assuming, but not really sure how to go about it. Do drop both LCA's and adjust them accordingly and shove the rear forward? I couldn't get it to budge with 1 LCA hooked on either side.

cody161 05-03-2009 10:26 PM

you have to get adjustable lower control arms from bmr or umi and then put them on your car and adjust the wheel to the center of the wheel well.

redemn93 05-03-2009 10:54 PM

does this generally happen? i have a set of brackets in the garage waiting for me to install but i rather not since school is keeping me from affording adjustable LCAs for now.

cody161 05-03-2009 11:58 PM

your wheel is usually always off centered with non adjustable LCA's its not that big of a deal.

JoshuaCole67 05-04-2009 12:03 AM

so i sholdnt have a problem.. i just ordered some UMI relocation bolt on brackets and some BMR adjustable LCA's.. i can just adjust accordingly

UMI Sales 05-04-2009 07:13 AM

A suggestion for you!

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67 (Post 11538109)
so i sholdnt have a problem.. i just ordered some UMI relocation bolt on brackets and some BMR adjustable LCA's.. i can just adjust accordingly

Hello
You shouldn't have any problems with the relocation brackets. No to sure about the control arms! but when we ship out our adjustable LCA's they are pre-set to factory specs.What we recommend when installing LCA's do one side at a time. Doing so eliminates the rear end shifting problem. Just put jack stands under a good place on the frame letting the rear unload and use a floor jack to get the rear end back into position. Hope that helps
Thanks
Brad :D

BMR Tech2 05-04-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67 (Post 11538109)

Give me a call when you get ready to do your install. I'll step you through the correct way to do it.

98Camarod 05-04-2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by cody161 (Post 11537662)
you have to get adjustable lower control arms from bmr or umi and then put them on your car and adjust the wheel to the center of the wheel well.

I have adj LCA's. That's why I'm asking the advised method of adjusting them

giiventofly 05-04-2009 07:07 PM

I installed them one side at a time, and my rear moved towards the rear of the car by about an inch. Is there any way other than adjustable lca's to move it back to where it was stock?

98Camarod 05-04-2009 07:32 PM

Lowering springs will do it. Do you have it in the lowest holes?

giiventofly 05-04-2009 07:34 PM

yeah lowest holes, stock springs with the hose mod.

UMI Sales 05-05-2009 07:10 AM

LCA Problem!

Hello
Did you compare the stock LCA's to the ones that you installed? If it shifted a inch you are probably rubbing the inner wheel well. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks

giiventofly 05-05-2009 05:27 PM

I still have the stock LCA's on, only thing I changed was the relocation brackets. I only have a half inch between the tire and the corner of the rear bumper cover (stock size tires on 16 inch rims) and there is about 2-3 inches between the tire and the back of the rocker panel. It wasn't 100% centered stock, but it did get worse after install.

Just trying to find out if there's anything to do to solve this before I spend money on adjustable LCA's.

edit: sorry if I jacked your thread 98.

kenSS 05-05-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by giiventofly (Post 11547792)
I still have the stock LCA's on, only thing I changed was the relocation brackets. I only have a half inch between the tire and the corner of the rear bumper cover (stock size tires on 16 inch rims) and there is about 2-3 inches between the tire and the back of the rocker panel. It wasn't 100% centered stock, but it did get worse after install.

Just trying to find out if there's anything to do to solve this before I spend money on adjustable LCA's.

i had this problem when i put my lower control relocation brackets on. i put my adj lca's in the bottom hole and i couldn't get my finger between the tire and rear bumber cover. i had to adjust my lca's alot to get the clearance. mine is not centered, i have more of a gap in front of the tire than the back.

No Juice 05-05-2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by giiventofly (Post 11542096)
I installed them one side at a time, and my rear moved towards the rear of the car by about an inch. Is there any way other than adjustable lca's to move it back to where it was stock?

I just installed mine today and now I have the same problem. The wheels are off centered in the wheel well.

We shouldn't need adj LCA's in order to use these right?

UMI, any suggestions? If the brackets are tight against the shock mount, it shouldn't matter how the rest was installed?

On mine it looks like the passenger side is worse. All I know is that the passenger side was difficult to get the bolt in while the suspension was loaded.

UMI Sales 05-06-2009 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by giiventofly (Post 11547792)

Originally Posted by No Juice (Post 11550167)
I just installed mine today and now I have the same problem. The wheels are off centered in the wheel well.

We shouldn't need adj LCA's in order to use these right?

UMI, any suggestions? If the brackets are tight against the shock mount, it shouldn't matter how the rest was installed?

On mine it looks like the passenger side is worse. All I know is that the passenger side was difficult to get the bolt in while the suspension was loaded.

Hello
When installing the Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets did you do one do one side at a time and make sure that the control arm is able to swing freely to move to the other locations. Because if you installed them by taking both lower control arms out and just mounted them in the lowest mounting hole that would offset the rear end and it might be in a bind! If you have any other questions or problems feel free to call in and talk to our tech dept. Jerry will be able to take care of you!
Thanks

ss1 05-06-2009 03:26 PM

Are all of you guys using the bolt-in or weld-in LCA relocation brackets???

I noticed when mocking up my weld-in ones last night there was a quite a bit of fore-aft movement. I guess with the bolt-in version this wouldn't be an issue...