Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm issues need suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque Arm issues need suggestions.

I currently have an SLP Adjustable on my WS6 problem is it keeps breaking the metal mount on the side of the transmission. It broke again this weekend at the track and its the third time since the turbo build up on the car. First its hard to find the new mounts not the rubber part but the metal casing. All the the salvage yards in the area dont have one. I am thinking of trying to fab something up to mount directly to the cross member. But before I go to that much. I would like to know if anyone sells a TA that doesnt mount to the side of the transmission or sheet metal, maybe one that replaces the cross member and already has a mount. I am worried that if I beef up the mount the rear casing is going to break and the built t-56's are not cheap. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We do have a solution for your problem.. which is a common problem by the way. We make a torque arm relocation kit that allows you to use the SLP torque arm but bolt it off the tail shaft and out of the factory mount that keeps breaking. This is a very nice set-up and will cure the problems you are experiencing. Please take a look at the link below and let me know if you have any questions.

www.umiperformance.com/2207

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Just to give you another option we have a torque arm relocation bracket that takes the torque arm off of the transmission and attaches it to a bracket next to the original mounting spot. Our crossmember also has adjustment holes which allow you to move the front of the torque arm up or down which will effect how hard your car hits the tires when launching. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
Attached Thumbnails Torque Arm issues need suggestions.-tcc006-small.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!