Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shock q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shock q's

so my stock shocks are shot and squeaking and looking to get some new shocks i ocasionaly go the the drags but its mostly a daily driver. so what are a good shock and mabey spring combo for a good launch but also a good ride. i got 275/ 40 17 all 4 corners! thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Shock suggestion!

Hello
I noticed that you are looking for a set of shocks! I would suggest looking into a set of adjustable QA1's. They will allow you adjust for better weight transfer at the track and then readjust them to the street. Below is a link to show you what we have to offer.

http://umiperformance.com/page.php?page=genfbodyshocks

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

Just get you some KYB AGX shocks and you should be happy. If you want some cornering action and can deal with a drop then you can go for Strano springs and preferrably Koni shocks, but that'll of course cost more.

By the way, there are a million other threads like this one.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do the qa1's work as far as what to do when you change the settings can you do them on the fly do do you need to raise the car or do something else?
Old 05-20-2009, 05:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

This is a prime case where I'd be looking at Bilstein's (but with the way I do them, not using the more deCarbon like rears that everyone else sells).

Bilstein's are tough, meant for stock springs, and ride really well. AGX's are an option if you need adjustment, but your wants don't indicate any serious need for them....

QA1's are not very good dampers in terms of control, or durability. They are more drag shocks, which seems to go against your mostly daily driver wants. And for what QA1's cost you can look at Koni's instead.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry, I completely forgot that Sam had "good" Bilsteins again. By all means, go with them.

Quick Reply: shock q's