Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default suspension advice

I have umi sfc's and 17x9 ws6 wheels on my 1993 trans am gt with stock shocks up front and monroe sensatrak rear shocks. Would a strut towwer brace, panhard rod and rear control arms give me much improvement? I dont need adjustabe versions of either because i will be leaving it stock ride height.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

if you are looking to improve handling then hold off on the LCAs and shock tower brace and upgrade the shocks ASAP. Your order of mods should be shocks, sway bars, panhard bar, then stb (which is more of an appearance mod)
Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 PM

You really need to state what you want to do with the car so people can advise you what would be best for your goals.

Do you want to Drag Race?
Do you want to Auto X?
Daily Driver?
Balance street & Drag Race?

With any component, I suggest you get the adjustable. You never know what you will decide you want to do in the future. I wish I had bought adjustable the first time. Sucks to spend $ twice on the same parts.

STB is more of an appearance mod.

Dave
Old 05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

It's my dd, i will not lower it as i live in colorado springs and a lowered car gets pretty pounded here because there is so much development going on they never fix roads, they just make new ones. So what im looking for is a solid street warrior that can take some abuse. Im thinking i will do some bilsteins, umi non adj. panhard and control arms, then a umi torque arm relocator (the one that mounts to the tunnel). Ill just scratch a stb for now if its more of an appearance mod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...mZ110384643771
Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
I noticed that you are interested in our lower control arms and a pan hard bar! And seeing how your vehicle is a DD and you are going to be keeping it at stock ride height I would suggest going with a non adjustable. They will give you a good solid ride and keep the ride comforts with the urethane bushings to be able to handle the rough roads. Below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://umiperformance.com/201520

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

I have what you guys make for the fbody pretty much memorized lol. I still need to get some bilsteins, then the tunnel brace torque arm relocation kit, then the controle arms and panhard rod. Thats alot of dough! Plus somewhere in there i need to ditch my 3.23's and get some 3.73's!

Quick Reply: suspension advice