Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange clicking

Old 06-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange clicking

Hey guys, I have a weird noise while driving. It's like a clicking every time the wheel makes a full rotation, but if I slightly touch the brake pedal while driving, the noise disappears. I haven't really had any time to check it out between work and school, so does anyone have any ideas? It would make it much easier if I would know what to look for right away instead of inspecting it and taking up too much time. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28Boy
Hey guys, I have a weird noise while driving. It's like a clicking every time the wheel makes a full rotation, but if I slightly touch the brake pedal while driving, the noise disappears. I haven't really had any time to check it out between work and school, so does anyone have any ideas? It would make it much easier if I would know what to look for right away instead of inspecting it and taking up too much time. Thanks.
Warped rotor(s). I had the same exact issue recently and when I got up next to a wall while driving or next to a car (I could hear it better) I would hear ding, ding, ding.... from the wheels and pulled the rotors to find they were slightly warped. Replaced them with a new set and no more noise.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably be replacing them soon, anyways, so I hope that's it. It only sounds like it's coming from the right front, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Search this Thread