Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

some noises

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some noises

Just recently I started to notice a noise. It isn't a clunking noise as I have checked everything is tight. It is more like a tapping ticking noise. The car has strano springs, konis, and pretty much UMI everything except adjustable torque arm, torque arm relocation and LCA relocation brackets. I have just ordered those parts, and I was wondering if it isn't the pinion angle that is causing the noise what can else be causing it?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
It shouldn't be the pinion angle due the torque arm. Just make sure that all the hardware is tightened to specs. And make sure the bushings aren't binding and make sure that they are greased (2-3 pumps each bushing). If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Launching!

It is an intermitten problem. It sounds kinda like "tac" or "tic". And I am pretty sure all the bushings are greased. The only other thing I can think of is that the rod ends on the front lower a-arms have never been lubed (what Lube should I use for this?).
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any type of synthetic rod end lube should be fine!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Launching!

I tried greasing the poly ends but it still makes a noise.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Launching!

The noise is progressively getting worse. It is still intermitten, but happens more often. Doesnt matter if I am going over a bump or not. And now there is a squeaking noise too. I double checked everythng is tight with the suspension loaded. It sounds like as if a small rock or something is being tossed around back there, but I dont see anything or any marks of other parts hitting anything.

Quick Reply: some noises