Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shock help, Konis

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Default Shock help, Konis

I just moved to Laramie Wyoming for school yesterday, the night before i left i noticed my fender was cutting my right rear tire... Now that im here the car is sagging pretty hard. I was just going to replace the rear shocks, i dont have enuff money to do the fronts with school. Now the question is, Would there be anything wrong with putting Koni yellow shocks with the soft/firm adjustments on the rear and not bothering the front shocks, someday im going to lower the car. Also im only going to be driving the car for three months then it is going back to Kansas in storage, so i dont want to buy the whole shabang just yet. Thanks for the Help, Im scared to drive it the tire is cut so bad.
Old 06-26-2009 | 12:17 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

sounds like you have a problem that new shocks won't fix. you better find out the cause for the sagging. shocks don't support the car, the springs do. shocks control the springs movement.
Old 06-26-2009 | 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Like was said if it is sagging shocks won't fix that. You have another serious issue to fix first. Sounds like the spring is toast, has come out of place, or broken....unless there are other suspension mods you haven't disclosed.
Old 06-26-2009 | 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Ok, thats what i thought but someone told me it could be my shocks, It has 75000 miles and a completely stock suspension. Would eibach pro kit springs and konis work well together?
Old 06-26-2009 | 12:31 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

if you have a stock suspension and your cutting a tire on the fender, something is very wrong. check it asap.

a lot of people like the eibach and konis.
why not go with strano and support a great sponsor that will give you the benefit of his knowledge/expertise?
call him, he will get you what YOU need.
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rddragon
Ok, thats what i thought but someone told me it could be my shocks, It has 75000 miles and a completely stock suspension. Would eibach pro kit springs and konis work well together?
There is something really out of whack if you really are on stock suspension and you have tire rubbing issues. Post pics of your car, Im betting you are on lowering springs and you don't know it.

Quick Reply: Shock help, Konis