Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What the hell is wrong with my brakes??!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the hell is wrong with my brakes??!!

OK my other thread didn't get any traction. This is driving me crazy so I will detail my setup to see what's going on here cuz I have no idea anymore.

Background: Car is 396 LT1, has vacuum modulated 4l60e teed at the brake booster with a 236/245 camshaft, Baer calipers on the front.

Previous situation WITH brakes: ABS modulator still installed but unplugged, line lock installed but not working, front and rear brake lines reversed at the master cylinder (not installed by me). Braking fine with this setup believe it or not.

Current situation WITHOUT brakes: ABS deleted, front brakes teed together with a NEW line lock solenoid. Proportioning valve added for rear, line orientation from master cylinder corrected. Replaced master cylinder.

The pedal will go to the floor but I can kinda pump the brakes up a little. I have some braking at the rear but none in the front. I have bled over 5 qts of fluid through the system. All 4 calipers **** brake fluid like crazy so I do not think there's any damage in the system or any blockage. Saw little air in the bleeding process. Rear calipers are oriented correctly as I had read about in another thread. I don't feel like both front calipers can be bad since they don't work at all. I am starting to question the brake booster, will start testing vacuum when I find time.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

??????????????????