Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Braided Brake Lines

Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braided Brake Lines

Do braided brake lines "swell" during braking? Is there a rule for maximum length of braided lines when plumbing a car? THX
Old 07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, any hydraulic line will expand. …Depending on design, some more than others.

Don't add braided line to your brake system to replace hard line. Only replace old rubber braided line for the SS braided line. Let me know if I can help you further. We have a variety of kits to choose depending on needs.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braided brake lines

Thanks Steve,

I do need lines...I'll call you to talk details.

I have another non related question but saw that you were a Bogart Wheels distributor:

I see that Bogart always claims that their wheels are for "Racing Only"....not street use. Is this simply a disclaimer for potential street damage to their wheels due to people driving them every day? I have a 69 Camaro that will be raced most of the time at the track but driven occasionaly to street events (Super Chevy,Good Guys,etc). Can their wheels be driven on the street in limited applications like mine? THX!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

You're welcome.

Regarding usage, if you're looking at our drag wheels, they would be no different than any other drag wheel manufacture on the market regarding warranty and fitness of use. You'd also see that if you looked at other drag wheels, most have stamped on the outside shell "for drag use only". For some reason of which I have no idea why...some must read our warranty of fitness more than others...or maybe ours is clearer..I'm not sure.

We have a few different style wheels, we are just coming out with a new street version wheel, we've also got our road race wheels as well. We've also had other street/strip wheels on the market for years.

We offer performance wheels, from drag racing to extreme road racing. Road racing is far more stressful on wheels vs. a standard street wheel fwiw.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
You'd also see that if you looked at other drag wheels, most have stamped on the outside shell "for drag use only". For some reason of which I have no idea why...some must read our warranty of fitness more than others...or maybe ours is clearer..I'm not sure.
If I remember correctly, this is so they don't have to meet DOT standards. If they were up to DOT regulations, they would be significantly heavier, and probably not as rigid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Braided Brake Lines