Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake question..

Old 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake question..

I have been doing some research and need to do some general maintenance by replacing some brake parts..

I have decided to go with Hawk pads, but I'm a little unsure of the type of rotor to go with. I bought the car with slotted rotors already on it and decided that I think I just want to go with a decent quality blank rotor.

I have heard some decent things about the Sure Stop rotors (at least for the price), but they are slotted and I want to try and avoid that. I am on a budget (a little one on the way) lol, and would like something that performs well for the daily driver, performs better than stock, but won't hurt the bank book. I priced out pads and rotors and found that I can get a complete set for 450-500.. If I can stay around there, that would be great.

Also.. If anyone knows any outlets in Canada that sell decently priced brake products I would like that as well to cut down on shipping/duty charges.

Thanks for your help!

Jason

Last edited by cnd99hawk; 07-16-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend a blank such as the Brembo blanks. Sam Strano sells a set of ATE rotors that are also a great option.

If you do go that route I'd recommend painting the hats of the rotors (on the Brembos) to prevent rust. This isn't tough to do at all. The ATEs come coated.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, blanks or the ATEs. DO NOT get a crossdrilled rotor other than ATE.

Search this Thread