Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009 | 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default torque arm question

Im looking to install an amftermarket torque arm. the car currently has pacesetter LT and ORY setup. Can I use a transmission mounted torque arm, or is it necessary to buy the tunnel brace mounted torque arm? The car is currently making around 300rwhp and will not probably go above 420rwhp.
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
Im looking to install an amftermarket torque arm. the car currently has pacesetter LT and ORY setup. Can I use a transmission mounted torque arm, or is it necessary to buy the tunnel brace mounted torque arm? The car is currently making around 300rwhp and will not probably go above 420rwhp.
Tranny mounted is no issue. If your exhaust clears the stock TA it will also clear an aftermarket torque arm. I have long tubes, 3" Y w/ cats and a UMI tranny torque arm.
Old 08-31-2009 | 07:29 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Like mentioned above you should not have any issues with a full length torque arm. I would just suggest going with a adjustable to allow you fine tune the rear end by adjusting the pinion angle. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...klscl4dffpb097

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-31-2009 | 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would there be a reson to get the tunnel brace mounted over the transmission mounted? is this necessary? the car is lowered too
Old 08-31-2009 | 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

unless your dumping it at redline on slicks then not really
Old 09-01-2009 | 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
Would there be a reson to get the tunnel brace mounted over the transmission mounted? is this necessary? the car is lowered too
Hello
What I would recommend to a customer is if the vehicle is more of a street car I would go with a full length adjustable with a relocation cross member. Going with that particular set up you will still have a better solid mounting point rather than on the rear of the trans. And you will still maintain good ground clearance seeing how it mounts close to stock location. Don't get me wrong! The tunnel mounted versions are great but the are mounted right under your seat and you will get a little vibration but they do transfer weight a lot faster. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: torque arm question